Very very new to this need your help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by indaclouds, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Ok i been doing alot of research on this and i have finally decided im going in:smoke: I got the basics down except the nutes. How much should i use, when should i use it, and how do i give it to my plant. I've seen a chart for Fox Farm nutes (which is what i'm using) but its kinda confusing. I dont want to over feed nor under. So if you got any tips i would appreiated. Maybe your methods.

2. Id like to know this as well

3. its hard to tell you exactly when to give your plants food and how much. it will come with experience, so hang in there!

in the beginning, dont give any nutes at all. just water. after a couple of weeks when you see some slight signs of nute deficiency - most likely nitrogen which will show as an overall yellowing of the bottom leaves first - then feed with 1/2 strength mix of your grow formula. reason being, you can easily feed again, but if you over fertilize its a pain to correct. i usually add micronutrients at this first feeding. wait 3-4 days after this first feeding to see if you need to give more or if they are okay. foliar feeding is great at this stage when you are a beginner because the results are more immediate - usually 1 day, 2 tops. use 1/4 strength grow nutes in a sprayer and spray the leaves, top and bottom.

i hope this helps! good luck on your first grow:wave:

4. can you foliar feed like that for the entire cycle or is that just for vegging?

5. stop foliar feeding once they start to flower. excess moisture on the buds can encourage bud rot which can ruin your crop in a hurry!

6. thx for the tip Jane:)...i heard lowryder would be perfect for pc grow any others strains out there kinda similar