Very simple question about ice hash making and mesh size

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Bob66, Mar 1, 2023.

1. I have read many posts on this subject, but can't find what I'm looking for!
    A very simple question, yet, only the real experienced people have the knowledge to correctly answer to this simple question . OK! Before diving deeper, I must explain a few things...
    - I don't care about the stuff for edibles... 160, 25... for me, It's trash (to me)
    - I don't do more than 2 washes. Not worth it. Not as much as my precious time.
    - I use buds only, outdoor stuff, but with surprisingly high quality. But to me, buds are worth nothing. Why? Because I could grow hundreds, thousands of pounds if I wanted...and I don't... but I still manage to get stuck every year with much more than I need! Friends and relatives have had free weed for decades (since summer 1993).
    - I totaly understand people having fun with the growing, extracting... testing, comparing...because it IS fun! I had fun too...for years and years! But the thing is, I started smoking at 12...and now...I'm 55!
    Believe me, with time, everything always ends up... ''not as cool'' as back in the days!
    The main reason :TIME! The more we get old, the more it seems there's not enough time in a day...
    time to have as much fun as we used to! That's the way it is... So enjoy while it lasts!
    OK! Now let's get serious! Here's my problem!

Three years ago, I purchased a 5 gal bag kit with 4 bags. (220, 120, 73, 25)
    To me, these sizes just don't make sense. Or maybe it's because of the strain I use!
    220 = Work bag = trash
    120 = medium high with harsh taste
    73 = Of course, the very best stuff.
    25 = low high, very harsh...trash

After many tests with highly experienced smokers, we realised that a mix of the 120 and 73 gave a longer, better, nicer high!!! Much better than with unmixed 73 or 120 grade hash! By the way, all the potent stuff (95%?), like rosin, shatter, or wax have always had a very short and dissapointing high, after a not so pleasent 30 min intense rush. Nothing close to a (50%?) hash or weed cerebral high... the kind of high when whatever you play guitar or wash the dishes... everything is all right!
    Maybe It's just me, who knows!

What I'm looking for, is a way to maximise quality, minimise quantity of bags. Just make hash making the most efficient and quick way as possible. Here's what I was thinking... Discard the 120, 73 and the 25
    (witch I already ditched). So that leaves the 220 work bag the only surviving bag from my first kit!
    Purchase a 160 micron and also a 45 micron. So the new EFFICIENT kit would look like:

220 = Work bag (garbage)
    160 = Impurities (garbage)
    45 = THE REAL DEAL! The final product that I keep. Period.

Most of the good stuff seems to be between 45 and 160.
    The 25 and 120 contain potent resin glands, but are too much contaminated. They are useless.
    I'm firmly convinced that this is the way to go...for what I'm looking for!
    So... my very simple question after this very long post is:
    What do you have to say about all this?
    Does it really make's more sense this way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm going to make a suggestion that has almost nothing to do with your question but is related to your desire to save time and enjoy a long lasting high. Make oil capsules using sifted hash from your abundant supply of bud. I agree with Trojan, BrassNwood has an excellent method for making oil caps but you could extract instead. You can smoke a bowl of your favorite cut of ice water hash and take a capsule at the same time. The smoke will give you an immediate shorter acting high then the capsule kicks in and gives you another 4 hours. Best of both worlds, smoke and edibles, plus you can make a year's supply in an afternoon saving you time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In this case, my ''question'' doesn't matter...in fact this is the kind of response I was hoping to get!
    Even if all this never happens, I sure will dig into it. I'm really into a concept called ''learning new stuff''.
    Having studied in science, I know for a fact we do not ''know it all'' and there's always room for
    new knowledge. This could even dramaticaly change the course of my initial game plan! Who knows?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I may have exaggerated a bit. Making a year's supply of oil for capsules and bubble to smoke could take you the better part of a day instead of the afternoon as I suggested. Large batches are the way to go. Less time wasted gathering supplies and cleaning up afterwards. You'll see how to quickly sift (relatively) large amounts of kief when you check out BrassNwood's hashmaster and while it won't produce the quality of hash you prefer to smoke, its fine for making oil. I hope you have a couple pounds of buds stashed somewhere ready to process.

For me, making bubble is far too much work so on those rare occasions when I need a quick high I go for wax.

• Like Like x 1