Very sick plant poss root rot ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Christo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. 600w dual spectrum, red and blue HPS bulbs. 600w ballast. 6" carbon filter. 9" fan oscillating in tent 12" fan providing air intake (outside tent pointing at bottom vent) 12 ltr fabric pots. 1.2x1.2x2.0 grow tent canna soil. Have foxfarm open ses, beastie bloom and Cha-Ching. Although not started nutes yet. I have just bought an ppm reader and invested in canna rhizotonic,canna boost and cannaenzyme. Hoping it will help. First time grower (steep learning curve).

Now my plants fell ill about 4-5 days ago and I can't seem to rectify the problem. First it looked like heat stress, over water then came the dreaded drop and eagle claw followed by yellow/brown spots/markings on tip ends. Then leaves turning yellow an dying. And now serve droop. The plant looks in a very bad state. Also ph of soil is 7.5 ! ........ HELP !

Is this plant salvageable or even worth saving ? It's coming up 4 weeks old and I was about to start flowering with red spectrum bulb ? My very limited knowledge thinks a flush with ph'd (6.2) water, let it dry then treat with rhizotonic and cannaenzyme them resume nutrients ???? Or is it beyond intervention ?

Any help is better then none..... Thanks in advance !!

Attached Files:

2. It's only had one dose of nutes (Monday) it's been showing signs of unhappiness before that ? It's even worse now (pic 1,2) what do I do ? I am lost because my other plant has had exact same treatment and seems to be ok (pic 3,4)

Attached Files:

3. Its not root rot . I am more inclined to say over fert How much did you give it ? First time nutes should be at 1/4 strength .Looks like Nitrogen Toxicity The cure is to flush the soil with water at three times the pot volume ( 2gallon pot gets 6 gallon water flush) then no nutes until next watering , then feed at ONLY 1/4 strength .
    And yesterday you stated nutes weren't started yet , now you say nutes given on Monday ?
    I myself never pH anything in a soil grow , one less thing to screw up. Take a look at this and you decide

Nitrogen Toxicity | Grow Weed Easy

4. Yeah at that point I thought it had never had nutes. Turns out my wife dosed it with foxfarm open sesame. Strength ........ 1/4 teaspoon to 5 litres water (ph 6.5). I will attempt a flush with 7.0 water let dry and see what happens from there ?

5. Okay thats makes more sense, Flush On

• Like Like x 1