Very nice LED grow lights - Kessil H150 series.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by StinkBomb, Oct 5, 2010.

1. can you elaborate on there response?

2. Well well well.... The awesome Kessil lights grew deformed peppers and then burnt out.... Can't say I'm surprised. Once again proving marketing and bullshit don't grow weed...

-Loki

3. I can't elaborate because I didn't make the call or have the conversation. My friend did, and he just said they gave him some jive talk. That doesn't sit well with me, so I'm just waiting to see how things play out and if my other lights start to have premature failures.

My failure may be an isolated incident. It may be a design flaw. The other three lights continue to work fine.

4. Ive read positive things about them on general growing sites, ive got two magentas coming im still excited if they suck they can go on ebay and I will spread the word either way.

5. I did not mean to suggest that they are, in any way, crap. I'm simply reporting that I had a partial failure. It was replaced no questions asked. I just did't want to spend anymore money, especially now that the Black Market has been reinstated in Montana, after hearing about the deformed peppers and the company response. If you want to know more about that response, or the store's experience with these lights, you can contact Steve at The Green Light, in Missoula, MT. The gardening store, not the home store.

6. That is a serious piece of equipment for someone who knows nothing about photography. Want to trade me? I have a 60D....

7. I'm learning. Slowly.

8. didnt get a chance to read this whole thread caught it right before logging off, just wanted say im using this light as my main source of lighting for my first grow in a cabinet the link is in my sig if you guys want to check it out. using a couple cfls for supplemental lighting

9. does anyone have Legit Comparisons on kessils(especially the H350) vs HPS/Blackstar/UFO I read so many mixed reviews on allot of forums, but my biggest issue is Nobody has done a non biased Side by side Giving a definitive answer. I like the direction this company is going but they are so on the cutting edge nobody is taking a chance on them so all I read is here say.

10. I know it's been awhile, but I'm just wondering about your heat issues with the kessil? I thought the led lights were low heat? Could you describe any heat coming off these things. By the way I'll be using the H350's in a small closet.

11. I'm still waiting to see a finished grow with one. I still stand by my statement that they aren't up to growing cannabis. They just don't have the power unless you buy several of them. By that time you spent about a grand in lighting. Not very economical.

12. Seems like a common theme. I have yet to actually follow a detailed grow journal using any kessil product from start to finish. Even though these lights have bern out for over two years. Hoping this journal the owner would post some final pictures and yield. Plus, though I understand that under the light is relatively no heat. But, how much heat is being generated at the top of the housing? If using these in a small grow box, will these lights have any effect on ambient temperatures? And, if so how much effect?

13. double post.

14. Still waiting to see your awesome buds man. Talking all your shit then don't produce the goods. Prove the nay sayers wrong. We're waiting for results.

Of course we won't because whoever uses these lights hides in shame when they see how they perform.

15. $350 is a little expensive, I'd better to DIY one ,

16. I'm abandoning the idea of these h350's for the much more affordable induction lights. Reasons are:

1) can't find even a single proven result
    2) cost
    3) more affordable options with proven results

Check out induction lights. There are a few grow journals as well as YouTube video journals. I'm ordering my 300 watt'r today. And it will cost me less (shipping included) than just one of the kessil lamps. I'll be starting a new grow journal as soon as it arrives. I'm guessing two weeks. I'll be using it on a 6sqft canopy scrog. I might throw in four 26 watt cfl's for the sides. The strains will be White Widow, Shining Silver Haze, and Northern Lights. #1

If you're interested in following the grow sub my current journal for updates. A link to my current journal can be found in my signature below.

17. The Kessil would only be good as a display lamp over a house plant. Seriously, if you grow weed with this you will be sadly disappointed. In veg it may look fine, but MJ needs WAY more than 36W output from a light to produce the goods.

If you want sub-par airy buds, Kessil is for you.

18. [quote name='"TBM"']The Kessil would only be good as a display lamp over a house plant. Seriously, if you grow weed with this you will be sadly disappointed. In veg it may look fine, but MJ needs WAY more than 36W output from a light to produce the goods.

If you want sub-par airy buds, Kessil is for you.[/quote]

They are 90 watt each. But you're probably right.

19. By the way, to anyone actually left following this thread. I've flopped down and purchased a 300 watt induction lamp. It was less money than buying just one of the kessil lights. Plus there are actual complete grow journals! Where despite the kessil h350 (90watt) being out for over a year and still no actual grow journals.

Ive started a journal for them. Feel free to stop on by and check them out.

20. Very few lamps are more of a ripoff then Kessil