Very interesting article comparing blunt smokers to joint smokers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ResinHits, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I don't understand how this study is racist? The survey is simply an aggregation of data that ended up pointing towards lower class, less educated minorities tending to use blunts over joints -- there's nothing racist about that. It may reinforce stereotypes, but that does not make it racist.

Another thing I noticed is that some people are saying, "I'm x and the survey said x's smoke blunts, but I don't! It's biased/racist/wrong!" All the survey says is the majority of certain socioeconomic and racial groups smoke blunts over joints, not that everyone does.

Please learn to read research before bashing it.

2. [quote name='"Hythagoras"']I don't understand how this study is racist? The survey is simply an aggregation of data that ended up pointing towards lower class, less educated minorities tending to use blunts over joints -- there's nothing racist about that. It may reinforce stereotypes, but that does not make it racist.

Another thing I noticed is that some people are saying, "I'm x and the survey said x's smoke blunts, but I don't! It's biased/racist/wrong!" All the survey says is the majority of certain socioeconomic and racial groups smoke blunts over joints, not that everyone does.

Please learn to read research before bashing it.[/quote]

Thank you! An intelligent person who understands it for what it is