Very handy Frost Chart

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Massive.Matt, Sep 26, 2007.

1. I came across this frost chart last year, and it seems to be quite accurate. In Canada any who. You can change it from Canadian Provinces to American States.

I noticed some of you asking some questions about frost so I thguth I would help. I myself was looking around for a little bit more information than just a date. If anyone could post a few more links on info about frost times and dates, let me know.

Code:
    http://usagardener.com/breaking_ground/frost_dates_canada.php

2. Doesnt look very accurate for Michigan. Says Evart's first frost is August 13...its usually about 90 degrees in Michigan on August 13. It says it doesnt frost until October 8 in London, Ontario....Evart and London are pretty much on the same latitude....thats not even logical.

3. I don't quite know where those cities are located but i have to say you that latitude doesn't mean evrything. The climate u have in u'r region is also determined by the proximity to the sea and the current in that sea. For example: i live in Gent (Belgium) wich is roughly the same latitude as Winnipeg (Canada) It doesn't get anywhere as cold here in the winter though, it almost never snows here an we rarely get temperatures below -5 degrees celcius. This is because or climate is influenced by a warm sea current wich originates in the gulf of mexico.
    Just so u know latitude is only one off the very many factors that influence climate

4. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1877329" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>sambo5472</TD><TD class=alt2>I don't quite know where those cities are located but i have to say you that latitude doesn't mean evrything. The climate u have in u'r region is also determined by the proximity to the sea and the current in that sea. For example: i live in Gent (Belgium) wich is roughly the same latitude as Winnipeg (Canada) It doesn't get anywhere as cold here in the winter though, it almost never snows here an we rarely get temperatures below -5 degrees celcius. This is because or climate is influenced by a warm sea current wich originates in the gulf of mexico.
    Just so u know latitude is only one off the very many factors that influence climate </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You are correct; latitude is greatly influenced by ambient temps from either water masses (sea, ocean), mountain regions, and open plains (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Winnipeg</st1:City></st1:place>).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    In the case of <st1:City w:st="on">Winnipeg</st1:City> if you look at a map, you will notice that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Winnipeg</st1:place></st1:City> and the surrounding area is flat. So the weather is not obstructed by mountains or whatever, and there is not allot of Hugh water masses that can store enough heat that would influence the geographical area to a great degree. Hence earlier frosts, due to no protection or ambient heat sources.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    But for MJ latitude in my mind is the most important, because the latitude dictates your MJ's triggering time.<o:p></o:p>

5. I realize that. Im just saying, theres no chance in hell it gets much below 60 degrees in the lower peninsula in the middle of August...its the hottest part of the year, it doesnt frost, its 90 most of the time. Also, Belgium to Winnipeg is thousands of miles, Evart to London OT is maybe 200.