Very First Time Grow, Help? (pictures)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by indicanvas, Sep 22, 2012.

1. So this is my first time attempting to grow, I researched a lot before I started but I still feel like there's A LOT I don't know, and I can't afford the "nicest" setup so I'm trying to do okay with what I've got.

Basically, I have two plants going still in Solo cups (both bagseed, supposedly something dank). They are now 12 days old. For five or six days they were looking good, healthy strong and green and whatnot. It's a long story after that, but basically I had to hide them for a couple different reasons last week. As a result they had no light for 9 hours one day last week and for another two days they were only under one CFL. This really stressed them out, I guess, especially being so young but I was hoping they would bounce back so I gave them this whole week and they seemed to just be getting worse and worse. Leaves are yellow, drooping, twisiting, etc. and they both look pretty awful. I figured they weren't going to grow any more. I was on the verge of just throwing them away this morning and hoping to start a more successful grow sometime soon, but when I looked at them I noticed they had actually started growing new sets of leaves, green and everything. I really thought they were dead by now but this new growth proves me wrong..

Right now they are under four 20w CFLs (6500k) in a box lined with aluminum, I'm going 24/0 right now. I have a circulating fan going for ventilation (not great but like I said, best I can do haha). And I'm using Miracle Gro Organic Choice soil which I know is NOT a good choice but I had read from a few people it was fine and then after planting them found out I probably shouldn't have picked it.

I guess my question to all of you is, based on what I've told you and the pictures, do you think they are able to be saved or should I just give up and start over when I get the chance? And do you know if the yellowing and twisting of the leaves is probably just because I fucked with their light cycles so much last week or does it look like it could be a separate problem causing them to look like this? If you think there's a chance they can pull through I'm going to the gardening store TODAY to get a better soil for them. I was going to go with Dr. Earth Pot of Gold soil, does anyone have any feedback on that choice? But if you guys think they're too far gone even with this new growth and I should just take this failure as a learning experience I'll do that instead. I'm just really unsure of what to do, haha, so any help would be very appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. New growth is always at the top.....and the top is green

Keep it up....dont over water....
    pick up some Fox Farm Ocean Forest if you can....

trim off the dead leaves in about 5 more days

3. Okay thanks! I'll see if I can find that soil while I'm out today and I'll trim those dead leaves next week. Should I go ahead and re-pot them in 5 gallon pots with this new soil or keep them in Solo cups for now?

4. Looks like the problem I was having and when I switched soils they took off. Mine was too dense and was gettin really hard when it dried out. Switched to FFOF and growth took off. Here's what it looked like before I switched soil and heres little over a month after.

Attached Files:

5. keep them in the solo cups for 5 more days....trim the leaves.....then transplant into 5gallon pots with ffof

6. Awesome, guys. Thanks a lot!