Very First cfl Grow Log

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SnowCappedHills, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Ah I laughed when I read that. I hope you got a good chuckle at my confusion or stupidity which ever you wanna call it :D I thought you was talking about nutes! Okay I am with you now for sure thanks for bearing with me. So Green and LNFB I counted 6 branches most having the complete set if leaves on it and it also is having growth in top I can make out leaves coming in there and probably more stem growth. Now with Blue she has got the same number growing but it's just so much smaller the leaves are not even an inch long at this point and because it's shorter the branches are closer together. That one is like a miniature copy of the other two (just doesn't have as many leaves). So ya I'm still grinning about how I mixed them up it made my day.

Perfect! That's what I thought for the buckets just was not to sure if they would work. I will start collecting some good buckets. I'll make sure they got drainage holes and are clean. Give me a chance to work with a drill haha. That will defiantly be a show.

As always thanks Kamel!

2. Everythings sounding good. Just checking in;; keep it up!

3. Good day for the plants! Everyone is looking great! Really great! I had to raise the lights a bit in the last few days. LNF Blaze is growing like a weed. She just shot up and is a whole inch taller than Green and Blue. Curretly as I just measured everyone, LNF is 6 inches tall, Green is 5 inches, and Blue just barely under 5 inches (though she still doesn't quiet have as many leaves.

Everyone was watered today also and we have been doin really good with our light schedule. (I still dream frequently of the plants, the other day I dreampt that they where in my grow room and several feet tall then, but I went and checked on them and blue was completely dead with no green color just shriveled up brown and yellow. It scared me in my dream, I was glad it wasn't real). Oh and on another side note, I just cant believe how stanky Green smells! It's just amazing and I love it. I bet thats going to produce some decent bud. The other two (they are the same strain as each other but different strain than Green) just don't smell at all. I even hold them to my nose and nothing! They pretty much just smell herby, like a normal plant haha.

4. Hmmm dreaming your plants are dying. Sounds like you're still worrying too much! Hah it's ok, once you get a little confidence going and realize it's easier than you think, you'll sleep easier. :smoke: And you should really try to put more pics in this, I know it's not easy but they really are worth a thousand words.

5. I will try to get a family pic up this weekend. :)

So my sister just came downstairs and told me it smelled like weed down here. (she's chill with smoking but she has no idea of the grow because if she did my mother would defiantly find out). So ya when she told me I was like 'what? Really? I have not even smoked yet today.' So then I asked if it smelled like smoked weed or fresh weed. And to my horror she said it smelled like fresh weed. :eek:

So ya basically there is not much hiding it now. I gotta get them outside ASAP!! Only thing is it's suppose to snow a foot here on Sunday. So ya getting down to the wire. Really all im doing is waiting for the god damn weather.

Oh and I found some 5 gallon buckets! I will put down the dimensions of the buckets so make sure their okay for the plants probably when I get that picture up. I got a shit ton of work to do not including the weed and I don't even got a job! Haha ah I'm going crazy all I wanna do is relax and smoke all damn day.

6. Whaaat? There's no way she smelled your little babies. They must be pretty damn good if they're letting off a smell this early. Or she has a part time job as a drug dog...

5 gallon buckets are pretty standard. They're all the same. Dimensions aren't important, just volume. You're good. Just be sure you drill drainage holes in the bottom. Drill, stab, saw, whatever works. If you do stab, stab from the inside out. And watch your fingers!

7. Definitely need holes in the bottom of your bucket. If you dont have access to a drill. You can take a nail and hammer it in to get a good starting hole. Lets see some pics before they go outside!

8. Okay I will be sure to get the holes in them when I got time. It's a pretty thick plastic I might have to find the drill.

Kamel: ya your probably right that I'm still okay and they don't smell. Just wierd she would say that. Its impossible for me to judge since I am sick and can't smell or taste anything. I am just going to go that it was some sort if fluke weather she was lying or what.

2Bugs: I will try for a pic as soon as i get the chance

Also maybe it's me bein paranoid but LNF Blazes' leaves seem to be drooping. And for some reason it's freakishly tall compared to the others. The tall part could be just the type of strain they are (since Blue is also exhibiting that tallness. Blue is even taller than Green at this point). So ya the consern is LNF's droopy leaves mostly. Secondary problem would be if Green is stunted growth or if the other two just have genes to be taller.

9. I mean they do start smelling at some point, you know, like plants. Maybe a combination of that and lingering weed smoke? Did you have a bag anywhere she could smell?

And I really wish you could post more pics! It makes helping out so much easierrrrrr. Is it stress droopage? Underwatering? Is it growing or is it stretching?

10. Hey thanks I am feeling better and can kinda smell again and in my opinion there is not much of a smell down here and my sister agreed she didn't smell anything anymore.

Pictures are on the list of things to do they will be coming I have just been unbelievably busy recently. Oh and my iPod's charger stopped working so now I gotta get one of those.

So ya and about the Drooping it was cause I forgot to water. Terrified the hell out of me when I realized and quickly watered them. They responded amazingly and LNF Blaze is almost 9" tall now. Blue is doing well at 7" inches. Green which was always the fastest grower is currently at 6" inches tall. I promise to get that picture sometime.

11. Updates? Pics? Anything?!:poke:

12. I can upload a pic with my iPod but everyone says not to do that... I truly apologize though everyone for not really updating this thread. I'm so frustrated at this point cause I got so much going on. If I get a break though I can finally get on my moms computer and get the picture.

Speaking of a lot going on... I could use some advise. See my sister is having a camping trip with some friends an invited me to go since I'm a lonely loser with no friends. But ya thats beside the point. The point is that IF I did go on the trip then no one would be able work the lights for the grow room. I have thought of many options.
    -One being get them outside now (plus it is getting warmer here) only problem is that the sun rises at 6 and sets at 8. That's like 14 hours of daylight. I keep my plants on the 18/6 schedule.
    -The other option I thought of is calling up a really old friend of mine. It's just not convenient since we are not friends. I do trust her though (if I were to ask) she knows how to keep things quiet. I'm going to say a little about her so you can get a feel on if this is a good choice or not. She smokes weed yes and her boyfriend is even more of a stoner. I would not mind if he found out either. The only thing is that when we where friends I would always say to her 'dude you should grow! Your in the perfect spot!' and she has her very own house all the way up a winding mountain. Though she has neighbors it would be secluded and no one would know ezpecially if it was just for two nights. Unfortunately she said no to starting a grow, I dont know why but she was just really not interested in growing for herself. So I mean I could ask but I fear of her saying no, and then she would know about the grow and I am trying desperatly to keep it from common knowledge. No matter how much you trust someone there is always a possibility of it getting out. Ultimately it wouldn't be detrimental to tell her about them. I do however find it awkward to ask of such a favor. I don't want her to feel obligated to watch them but I also don't want her to get mad at my decision and instantly say no. Also what would be in if for her? I got no money to pay her for this service...
    -okay and the last option is to just say fuck it and not go. I kinda do want to go out and have fun but in this situation my plants are more important to me.

Thanks for reading everyone. And bare with me the picture is coming! I do feel bad about not putting any more up.

Quick statistics: LNF Blaze is a foot tall now. Blue is getting close to there just an inch or more to go. Green is the shortist and probably has the most leaves. Thats the small update for you guys :)

13. #93 KamelRedLight, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    Why not just get a simple timer? Wal Mart's got em for like 6 bucks or something and they never did me wrong. It is an infinitely better idea than trying to recruit someone to turn the lights on and off for you. I'm an overly trusting person and not paranoid in the least bit, especially about my friends. But I still never told them. It's the only way to be truly safe. It's a hard secret to keep, even for your best friend. If they tell one person, and that person tells one person who doesn't even really know you, and that person tells someone who's a total idiot...you get the idea. Word about something this cool can spread real fast, so it's best that not another soul knows. Except us on GC :D

Or, if you do choose to put them outside it'll probably be fine. The days are getting longer and depending on the strain they might not even start flowering under 14 hrs of light. The only thing to worry about is the weather. Is it as warm in your mountains as it is in mine?

14. I agree with Kamel, get a timer. I use one, and I'm home pretty much 24/7. They're cheap, easy and reliable. The only way they wouldn't work is if you set it up wrong, or the power went out....in which case you're screwed anyway.
    The only person that knows about my grow is my husband...and I wouldn't tell him either but he lives here, so you know.... ;)

15. Thanks guys I posted a thread about this problem to for more advise. I know I need a timer, I need one bad. But I only got one dollar burning a hole in my pocket and I have been completely out of weed since Sunday. Im going freaking nuts (well not that bad) but you get my point. I don't got money for nothin right now.

I totally understand about not telling anyone. Currently only one person other than grass city knows and it's not the girl I mentioned above. I needed this other girls help getting supplies so I told her. So far she has been really good not saying anything, I mean I havnt had people being suspicious of me at all. But ya I still will be sure to be super careful it would devastate me so bad to lose them. I put a lot of work into them an have also learned soo much. Would suck not to benefit from it.

NoobwannB, welcome! Thanks for the imput :) I hope you stick around to hear about my grow

So I think I have decided to not go in this trip. As much fun as it would be I think it could be better. I will sit this one out and work on relaxing, earning money, and starting to set up my outdoor area!!! Woo... And if I get a chance of privacy with my moms computer I will get a much needed family picture up for ya'll. I need to start getting my shit together because very soon it's going to be time to get them moved to bigger pots, and get them outside. Plus I need more soil, and some fertilizer at least. But first I need money...

Also I was wondering cause I been readin up on sexing. It seems like they might be getting close to identifying the sex... But I'm not sure. From what I read up it seems like I'm going to have one girl and two boys... Dang...

16. As long as you're not choosing not to go because of your plants (that just confused me as i typed it). Basically what I'm saying is they'll be fine outside if that's what you gotta do. Although if this choice results in pics, I guess I support it.

17. Glad to see the plants still alive! Sometimes you got to make tough choices to enjoy this hobby;;but hey the outcome is worth it!

Can;t wait to see some pictures;;they must be pretty big now.

18. Hey guys obviously there is no pic... Ya I'm sorry. I guess I shouldn't promise to get up soon cause I can't keep the promise. But I will try!

Okay so I am pretty damn sure I got at least 2 girlys! Both Blue and LNF Blaze are showing little clearish white hairs coming out from the sides of the nodes on the stem. And when I read the sexing article it said this ment female. As for green who is still ridiculously short (11 in), it's not showing any sign if sex yet but could be soon. Blue is 15 in and LNFB is a wooping 18 in. Everyone looks okay and I'm thinking of getting them outside within a week or two but I need some stuff first.

19. No pics?!
    KamelRedLight dislikes this.
    At least you've got some good news! Sounds like girls to me, congratulations!

20. I know I know haha. But there is good news. My mom took her computer and mine in to a place to get fixed. If mine gets fixed I can put up a shit ton of pics but that will take a few days.