Very First cfl Grow Log

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SnowCappedHills, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Okay I'll put them up a bit thanks guys. And I understand I don't want to smuggle but if I don't I won't be able to eat hardly anything and will get stomach nasuea every morning. Plus I will have a difficult time sleeping. Haha one of the times I wish I had a pinch hitter.

2. Alright Grasscity its time for an update! So everyone is looking really good, they need water I can tell but I kinda want to wait until atleast tomorrow cause it will have to last until wednesday. Does this sound okay for them or should I water today, then water late sunday?

Temps are still not ideal... its starting to warm up here its just hard, I am not going to leave my heater on all the time but the basement likes to stay cold no matter what temp it is outside. So heater is pretty much on when I am at home but not in my room or just left the house for an hour or so. When Im in my room I tend to turn the heater off, I am extreamly sensitive to heat oddly enough since I hate the cold more than anything. Haha so im fucked. Anyway the sprouts are growing in the slightly cooler weather fortunatly!

3. No water them now and again before you leave, the soil can dry out while you're gone. They'll be fine, the lights will keep them warm enough to survive at least.

4. Have fun on your trip man and be safe!

5. Okay kamel I will water them and make sure not to over water them either. haha I actually dreamt last night of watering them it was weird. Probably my conscience telling me they defiantly need it.

Thanks 2bugs ya I try to be safe, I don't want to go but I gotta to get medical tests done. Might as well try and enjoy myself though.

Oh and quick question their leaves are getting pretty big (like four times the size of starter leaves) and since they where already leaning I get concerned about them toppoling over. I wasn't sure of it was possible but to be safe I got a little chunk of dirt and put it as a little support at the base of the largest plant. I made sure it was not pushing the plant but the plant was sorta lightly leaning against it. Is this okay or should I let them lean a bit? Or is there something else I should do to help the problem?

6. A gentle breeze from a fan will strengthen those stems. It's a good idea all around.

7. Okay great thank you I didn't know that :) I will work on that when I get back Wednesday. I have an isolating fan but it's pretty big might be to much wind even on the lowest setting but I don't remember so I will have to turn it on and see. If not I will go snooping around the house here we might have a fan that can be hooked on a dog crate to keep dogs cool I will look for that also.

8. Oscillating ;). Computer fans are pretty popular with growers, and really easy to rig up. First, get one. Then find some sort of DC adapter you're not using that supplies an appropriate voltage, I believe I had like a 9V fan and a 4.5V power supply and it was plenty strong. Then strip the wires and twist em together. That's all you need to do. They're small, strong, and reliable. Check em out if you can't find anything else that'll work, they're cheap and easy to find.

9. I'm finally back! Had a hard time on the trip lots of things went wrong one including I need a big surgery in two or three years. Lots of other things I'm not getting into. All I'm saying is it was awful I lost lots of weight and was stressed out the entire time. Did manage to bring weed along with no troubles but was not able to smoke much it was a compact city and the only privet places I found was ducked beside or behind a car. Defiantly not as comforting as taking a two minute walk in the forest.

So out of every single piece of shit that happened one good thing happened. I returned home and the three babies are looking good, much bigger and NOT leaning any more really. They need water and I can finally put them on 18/6 light! Yay! So that's about it except for one question. The top of the soil looks slightly different in color and the white rock things in the fox farm ocean forest is the normal white on the bottom but on the top part it's brownish. I don't know if it's a problem to have slightly different color top soil.

10. Hey, dude sorry to hear about all that. I hope you're ok, or going to be ok. Glad you're home ok, get stoned and eat something! Also glad your plants made it. The soil is fine I'm sure, but how can you see the bottom. They aren't in clear pots are they?

11. Yes stoned I am. :) Foods next haha. As for the top soil no they are not in clear pots. I just picked up a little pebble on the very top and looked at it. It the white ones in FF and it was white on the bottom of the pebble but brownish on top. It was the same for all the others on the very top of the soil.

12. Oh ok. I'm not sure what causes that but I'm 99% certain that's normal. From light or oxidation or something. Even if it's a film or something, it's probably normal.

13. Welcome back. I had a feeling youd be surprised at your babies growth. Got any pictures yet?

14. That's good to hear thanks Kamel :)

Put them on new light schedule but accedently forgot to turn back on this morning so they got 8 hours of shut eye. Oops! But I don't think it will hurt them more than leaving lights on 24/0 like I did haha. We just gotta get our timing down and not forget!

2Bugs thanks! Yes was pretty surprised at their growth I couldn't wait to go in my closet and see them. I even brought in my two doggies to take a peek. I want them to know what's happening in there they have watched me every step of the way haha. They even alerted me before I left about the fly that was buzzing around in there making a racket. Haha they would go to the door and just stare at it. At first it freaked me out but it's good to know their guarding it!

No pictures cause my computer is unusable right now until I get money to fix it. I can't upload on my moms computer that would just be a disaster. But the big one named Green is three inches tall now, she still has her purple stem. Her two largest leaves are 2 inches long right now. Then there are four other ones coming in at 1 inch. Two tiny ones are also beginning to form also. The next one named Red is a little behind, its two large leaves are 2 inches long and has two more coming in at about 1 inch. It's just under 3 inches tall and it's stem is more normal greenish color like her twin sister Blue (same strain as Red). Blue is only about two inches tall with just two fan leaves that reach 1.5 inches long. She has quite a bit of catching up to do...

15. Hey guys I got a question. I shoulda mentioned it before but better late than never right? So each plant are displaying something I wasn't expecting. On some of the fan leaves -particularly the larger ones- the tips of the leaves are curving under. Then on the sides of some little parts seem to folding either down or over the leaf. I am not sure if this is normal or how to correct it. Then another thing would be that the fan leaves seem to be rather thin compared to the two thick starter leaves. This could also be normal again I'm just not sure. Fortunately none of them seem to be discoloring at this point but on Green plant the older fan leaves appear slightly darker than the new ones coming in.

So that's the current update of concerns. Thanks for helping guys.

16. Yes the cotyledons are fleshy compared to big girl leaves, that's normal. Curling under is not if it is severe. Do you have a pic of it? Dark green along with curling is classic N burn. It's most likely nothing, but a picture would help.

17. #57 SnowCappedHills, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    I could try a picture in a bit. But what's N burn? Should I raise the lights a bit to help?

Edit: is it safe to take a pic with my cell phone and send it via text to email?

18. N is nitrogen, a major part of a plant's diet. OD on it, and they turn dark green and curl up real ugly. Unless you're feeding them something, it really shouldn't happen at this point. Not in Fox Farms soil, and not when they're that small. Are you sure they aren't just drooping?
    If by safe you mean will someone intercept that picture and come after you for it, that's highly improbable. I wouldn't worry.

19. Haha okay thanks I will try for a pic in a bit. And it makes sense that that would be the problem but I agree it's strange cause they have not been given anything except water... They might be drooping but it's different than the leaning they where doing before I left. Ever since I got back they don't seem to be leaning so I thought they where all better except for the weird leaves.

Could nitrogen be in the tap water I use? I thought it was safer up in the mountains because it doesn't have as much chemicals than in big cities.

20. No, no nitrogen in water. How close are the lights, is it too hot for them?