Very controversial topic

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Gman09, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh and i forgot. devahn tryed sayin it jus slipped cus he heard us say it so much. The nerve right? Deez niggas trippin lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Diego Please.

3. Intelligent people are just more crafty with their language. Racial slurs are a brutish and primitive way of communicating, people who use them are certainly on the lower end of the bell curve. Don't lower yourself by comparing the language of dumb people to that of your own, you're smarter than that OP.

4. Perfect man awesome fucking song.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Nigger is more offensive because of slavery etc.
    However, I believe anyone should be able to say any racial slur because they're just words.
    You Americans are so sensitive. Lighten up.

6. No one alive today was a slave. That was 150 years ago.

7. Yeah, but the history of that word is still with it.

8. #168 -Martyr, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    Motherfuck the word. The word is not whippings, lynchings, forced labor, humiliation, or deprecation of the human spirit like goddamn livestock. We will get past the word. But the world will always have that period of shame. That being said, let's not bullshit ourselves like we can even empathize with what they went through. None of us have ANY fucking idea how bad it was outside of second hand sources. Imagine living in that world, not just reading about it, seeing a few graphic photos, and pretending that you can encapsulate the raw fear, sadness, and terror of a time where you are less than nothing, because of skin pigment. To pretend that you can even grasp the magnitude of negativity that word stems from, is a joke. You just assimilate the pain of the dead and deceased with that of your own, based on the same kind of racial profiling that whites used back then, and go "now I should be offended, because that word used to be used oppressively against blacks." Which is not only fraudulent, but it's actually inviting more conflict into the bloodbath of racial tension by antagonizing an issue that would marginally disappear if people stopped putting so much stock into one word.

9. Please settle your kettle, mate,
    If you read my previous comments, you would know that I actually said I don't care about saying racial slurs. I was just answering as to why nigger is more offensive than cracker.

10. So a words off limit because of history that is not relevant to the generations alive today?

I still don't see how it's offensive because it's origins were in slavery. It's a goddamn word, there's no slave owners anymore, no living slaves, and no threat of slavery.

Holding a grudge on someone for the actions of their ancestors and judging them for something they didn't do, how is this not racism on white people?

I show no guilt or shame of my skin color just because people of similar skin color enslaved black people. That's just straight up retarded.

My skin color has nothing to do with who I am. That's racist fuckin mindset right there.

11. This guy is always on point.

12. It's not. You're just deluding yourself into believing they are. That's why someone would find either offensive. Delusion.

13. 1. The word is not off-limits. It just has different significance to different races.
    2. It is offensive to black people because they descended from slaves and "nigger" was used derogatorily against them for many generations. I totally agree that anyone should be able to say it, but you can't deny that you gotta be a bit careful.
    3. Nobody is holding a grudge. It's just that slavery hasn't been forgotten yet. Racism is everywhere and is for everyone. White people cop it too, and that's totally okay.
    4. There's no need to show guilt, but you should show respect.
    5. Your skin colour is a defining part of your identity because it is very significant in your aesthetic appearance to others. People judge others by how they see them and skin colour is something they see. Just accept.

I am not telling you to not say nigger or any racial slur. I am just trying to explain how "nigger" is different to "cracker."
    From what I've heard (I'm Australian so idk much about American stuff), the word "cracker" was used by blacks during slavery because of the way their owners "cracked" their whips. I don't know how accurate this is but, obviously in this case, "nigger" is potentially more offensive. "Nigger" was used oppressively while "cracker" was used spitefully in the face of this oppression.

14. It's one hell of a double standard

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. ANYBODY is allowed to say ANYTHING they want
    Whether it be honkey, cracker, nigger, etc.
    It's America

ANYBODY is allowed to say ANYTHING they want
    Whether it be honkey, cracker, nigger, etc.
    It's America

16. <sup>i don't care if you call me a cracker, a honky, a Nazi, or whatever, i will never respond with a racial slur..i just think its wrong, just because that person is ignorant, don't mean you have to be on their level</sup>

17. Been doin time for some motherfuckers crime.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. I say nigga sometimes and I'm white. I know better than to call a black person the n word though, I'll only use it to refer to white people.

19. Its all stupid the word means TRASH in dictionary meaning anyone can be the word NIGGER thats what they called taking out the trash back in those days alot of people are just low key scared now days and intimidated to say certain stuff its not meant to be used as a racial thing tho people just use that for a reason to single theirselves out n cry "they called me this" now i wanna fight BULLSHIT people that stupid need sent back to school witch dont do no good because history books do not tell the truth so shit stays the same

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

20. I've closed this thread due to the problems it is sure to cause...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.