very confused on how to grow and where to grow all information just too overwhelming

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Triple S, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I am reading a lot of information on this site and I am getting overwhelmed and just don't know what to do. I saw some good guides, but I just don't know how to do a set up. I want to grow sum bud in a closet for personal use that's all. I do not want to spend a whole lot of money. I need some sort of layout so I can get started. Like how big does my space need to be for one plant? What materials do I need to get started growing? I am not that smart so be patient with me lol, but this is something I really want to do.

2. I want to do a micro grow so can anyone tell me a good micro grow box I can buy or something?

3. Most of the guides are self explanatory on how to grow and they all follow a similar mantra so if you read 2 or 3 good ones youve read 5 or 6.

As for spending a whole lot of money well you need some. The stuff is not crazy expensive but not cheap either.

On the layout you have to figure that out..every ones grow, situation is different. Some people make it simple cheap, elaborate high speed. All up to you!

Get this book its a good one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Buds-Less-Grow-Than/dp/0932551874/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307824615&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Marijuana Buds for Less: Grow 8 oz. of Bud for Less Than $100 (9780932551870): SeeMoreBuds: Books[/ame]

Obviously a bill of materials is pots, soil, nutes, lights, stuff like that. Its not that hard man lol.

4. Lets start off...
    How many plants do you plan to flower?
    How big is your grow space?
    I am assuming your using CFLs to save money over buying HID lighting?

Space for 1 plant, theres too many answers. SCROG, LST just let it grow?

I do 1 square foot at the base per plant and give it 3 feet height wise to grow (after veg) but you have a closet, you may want more floor space and more height.

Give us an idea of what you want to do and I am sure a few of us can come up with some ideas! (also note if you can cut holes in walls/door basically things your not willing to do, youve read the faqs you said so you should have basics of what you want/dont want.)

5. I don't mind spending some cash I plan on just growing like 2-3 plants at a time, but I am even good with 1 for now. Can you tell me the best grow box I can buy with lights fans and everything equipped with it? I know I can possibly make one, but I rather just buy one. So pretty much all I would have to do it just plug and grow.

6. #6 ChaoticCrux, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
    Plug in and grow systems are very costly. You could get a complete cab setup for 1000 dollars but build one yourself for under 200.

I am not familiar with premade grow boxes at all but ill google you some results:
    Super Closet Hydroponic Grow Systems | Grow Box | Grow Room - lots of options here, seems everything youd need or want
    Grow Box - Grow Box, Automatic Grow Boxes, Lowryder Grow Box - seems for lowrhyders
    and the best selection in town!
    eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping type in grow box youll find hundreds of models and options to choose from just find the right size and cost.

Id still build my own :) Cheaper, built to suit what you have and all that.

All grow boxes are ABOUT the same (i didnt say they were some are crap but you should be able to spot them) you just need one that fits your needs. Id go the route of ebay for cost and selection. Shop around at 2 of the links I provided some sets include everything youd need, nutes, lights and all that.

7. Supercloset has the best cabinets on the market....hands down! I did tons of research and landed on sc....
    Bc is much more expensive and has some critical design flaws.

8. How much room in the closet? How much can u afford? Cfl or hid? Give some baseline and people here can answer everything much easier