Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vermont..Still cannot find help.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by shamwowgal, Jan 11, 2012.

1. There is still no MMJ groups here and I still cannot find a single doctor that will even listen to me in the area...Does anyone know anything about Vermont? Thank you.

2. check the sticky at the top of this forum...and review the states mmj access qualifications.

Did the Dr say you don't qualify?

3. I've been researching a bit, you can now go into a different state and get an out-of-state dr to prescribe it for you. I'm currently debating a move to VT in the next few years and would love to keep my NYS dr if he'd prescribe for me.

4. My doc did not say no...she just won't listen and I can't find a doc in the area who will.

5. reference?

As far as I've seen, NO, you can not live out of state and get a rec to take home and use...if your state isn't mmj legal, then it isn't legal.

There are some mmj states that have and still do allow "visitors" to get rec/cards to use while there (have your medical records in hand to show you have a legit qualifying condition), in that state...but no 'non-mmj' state will honor a mmj card.

Check NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws for mmj states basic info.

6. I am looking for a group for mmj pataints and have been having no luck

7. I just got my card and I'm kinda lost. Where are you from maybe I can help you with a doctor.

8. [quote name='"cball"']

reference?

As far as I've seen, NO, you can not live out of state and get a rec to take home and use...if your state isn't mmj legal, then it isn't legal.

[/quote]

I have a friend that was living in VT for college. He told me he was gonna go out to cali to get a reccomendation from a good well known doctor out there that his friend (who also lives in VT) got his rec from. So im pretty sure you can get a rec from a doctor in another state. Dont quote me on that, but thats what ive heard from people who live there

9. The only states they allow is NY. NH. Mass. I just went thru the whole process and finally got my card. It wasn't that big of a pain. Just alot of paperwork

10. [quote name='"Daddyshungery"']The only states they allow is NY. NH. Mass. I just went thru the whole process and finally got my card. It wasn't that big of a pain. Just alot of paperwork[/quote]

What do you mean mass and nh? They dony have medical

11. #11 cball, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012

NO, you can not use an out of state doctor to get a recommendation for your state.

NO, you can not go to California, game the system to get a card as a non-resident, and use it in Vermont...

VERMONT MMJ LAW AND RULES.

12. [quote name='"kancastank"']

What do you mean mass and nh? They dony have medical[/quote]

You can use a doctors referral from nh. NY. Mass. But you must be a patient for six months and have a bonifided relationship with the said doctor and must be a resident of Vt.

13. did you try craigslist? i found my doctor through craigslist.

14. I also live in vt. I have major knee problems and have pain constantly I got surgury in 09 and i need help finding a mmj doctor however dr.harris that owns uppervalley pediatricans office in Bradford is a mad stoner. My mom says he does way more than toke but he's in hawaii 7/12 months a year. He helped me when I had mono 6 months ago

15. He asked me to take a 100 question survey and 3 questions were about weed and I clicked yes. He looked at the results for 5 secconds and said ok ur good to go. ( he wanted to know if I smoked)

16. I just got mine also in vermont---marijana registry card--it looks like a cheesy name tag, right--but in the computer is in the computer. Wanna talk on here--new here on GC and live in underhill vt. Johnnydouglas DOUG:hello::smoke:

17. True. hey friend---when will these cards go federal?? NOW THAT would be nice.:D

18. [quote name='"johnnydouglas"']
    I just got mine also in vermont---marijana registry card--it looks like a cheesy name tag, right--but in the computer is in the computer. Wanna talk on here--new here on GC and live in underhill vt. Johnnydouglas DOUG:hello::smoke:[/quote]

What's the name of your doctor? I need the right doctor. I have been to 3 for chronic knee pain ( seriously I can barley run withoit crying in pain) walking hurts but is sorta bareable. The doctors said don't waste my money because it wouldn't be approved because I don't have cancer. Am I allowed to ask the name of the doctor on here?

19. [quote name='"jordanflight420"']

What's the name of your doctor? I need the right doctor. I have been to 3 for chronic knee pain ( seriously I can barley run withoit crying in pain) walking hurts but is sorta bareable. The doctors said don't waste my money because it wouldn't be approved because I don't have cancer. Am I allowed to ask the name of the doctor on here?[/quote]

Hey bud tell your doc to smarten up. I don't have cancer I have chronic pain from arthritis and a fused ankle. I just helped my buddy get his card for back pain. I would take the form in and have him sign it. The form is not for him to decide. The state makes the decision. The form he signs is basically just saying that you do have pain and your injures are there. Then it's in the states hand. Or you get your records together and just send them to the state alot of people don't know this part. If you present the board with the evidence ( your medical history) then they can make the decision. I have help a few people thru it on just what I learned from getting mine. Right now in Vt they want to get patients so the dispensaries can get off the ground. They are signing everyone I know that has applied. Good luck. Just take a day go find a doctor and get it done!!!

20. Glad to see this thread back up....I have been in awful pain....I still cannot find a doctor...my old doctor dropped me because I would not tell them I was crazy.