Verizon Wireless: New Cellfone choices

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Vato805, Aug 14, 2011.

1. #21 IStabLikeOJ, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Plus it will most likely have a locked bootloader and will be a bitch to root. I would wait for the HTC vigor.

2. #22 glazedKnuckles, Aug 17, 2011
    The bionic has better specs than any phone in the US right now, and its not even out so idk how you could say that...

3. #23 IStabLikeOJ, Aug 17, 2011
    The testers. Also no the galaxy s 2 has way better specs. So does the HTC vigor.. This is year old technology. If you want to buy something already outdated go ahead.

4. i dont know shit about android phones...what does this mean if you wouldnt mind explaining?

5. #25 IStabLikeOJ, Aug 17, 2011
    Rooting for android is like the jailbreaking for iPhone. When you root you can do stuff like. Backup your Apps. Put different roms. Change your kernels. Overlook and underclock your phone. Remove all the bloatware from your phone. Etc. The bad thing moto is against all this while companies like HTC are not. If it does come out it will be very tough to root if you even can. Just like when the atrix came out.. If it was locked it would be a huge dealbreaker for me. But then again I like to customize my phone...

6. #26 glazedKnuckles, Aug 18, 2011
    Ok. I just said it has better specs than anything OUT in the US. Maybe you didn't see that, and the only difference between galaxy s 2 and the bionic is the screen, and yes it has the best screen currently made.

And the processor is 1.2 instead of 1. But that in no way makes it a bad phone

Edit- and since when is a dual core processor and a gig of ram year old technology? I lold at that

7. The term 'root' comes from the fact that Android is built on a Linux kernel. Root is the superuser on Linux systems, in Windows-speak it would be 'Administrator'. To have root on a phone or tablet means you can make any changes you like. That's why I went with Archos for my tablet; they actually support and provide the means to root their Android tablets. I can even dual boot Android and different linux distros on it.

8. #28 IStabLikeOJ, Aug 18, 2011
    Bionic isn't out yet? Also yes it is old specs. It was supposed to come out a long time of go. But had alot of hardware revisions. To be honest you don't really need dualcore in a phone right now. But the bionic is still overrated....

9. #29 glazedKnuckles, Aug 18, 2011
    I know plus whatever moto skin they put on it will slow it down a lot. That's why I love CM7, and stock android. I would've gotten the nexus s if it were on Verizon, but since I'm grandfathered into my unlimited data I wont be going anywhere.

But yeah, I run a lot of emulators, and I've been liking the games that are optimized for dual core. So yeah, nobody really NEEDS dual core, but its just a nice feeling being able to run whatever you want.

I'm getting tired of my incredible so I'll probably buy the Galaxy S2 variant on retail when it comes out.

10. #30 IStabLikeOJ, Aug 18, 2011
    They might come out with a nexus soon I hope. With google buying Moto. I run cm7 too