Venting/Keeping temps down

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by csmass1, Mar 9, 2013.

1. I have a 3x3x6 grow tent with a 400w hps/mh under a cooled hood, and with my current setup i keep getting temps between 80-84 under the lights and 77 above and around. I was wondering how the heck to lower it a bit more.

I currently have a 250 cfm connected to 6" ducting running from the side to the hood then another 5 feet of ducting out the hood to the top of the room. Then I have a 6" fan connected to the top vent of my tent with a 4" flange for a carbon filter to exhaust air. All of the air is pointed in the direction of an open window with temps in the low 40s-50s. I have a ceiling fan on as well. In addition a bottom port with a small 6" desk fan is blowing air from outside in.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Should I add some venting and move it closer to the window so the air vents out the room? Should I pull the air from the hood instead of push?

2. If you can vent your exhaust out of the room you are growing in, you should see a good temp drop in your tent. Also lower temp of intake air.

3. well i moved the fan on the other side of the tent to connect to the hood there, i hung some ducting on the wall over the window so the air blows into the cold air coming in, now the exuast up top blowing towards the ceilign I will do the same and hopefully it works. :/