Venting into my bedroom wall

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by josephspare21, Aug 18, 2010.

1. i need to know can i vent my exhaust into my bedroom wall would that work and if so how bad would it smell if at all?

2. anyone know if this is possibale?

3. Venting behind your drywall? That doesn't sound like the best idea, there isn't really anywhere for the hot air and smell to go other than seeping through the wall cracks and outside, I would imagine it wouldn't do much for odor or heat.
    I haven't heard of anyone doing this, this is only speculation, but it doesn't seem like it would be the best idea

4. its not for the smell its more for the heat cuz it gets hot in here with the growbox pumping hot air back into my room i just wanna be able to get the hot out of my bedroom with a normale house fan dont got money for a better fan.

p.s. this is only a thought would i be able to run the ducking down my box into a bucket of ice water so it bubbles to get rid of the heat

5. It is possible but the air has to have an escape route or it may find a way back into your room potentially raising temps and perhaps increasing the odor. If the walls connect to the attic it will likely escape through the vents at the top of the attic. If passed through a carbon filter first, you should be just fine.

6. lol i got no attic it sucks my garage was made into my bedroom lol no attic or anything like that, i got windows but i would have to have like 10 ft of duktingto run out the window and a carbon filer i dont think a house fan has enough power to do so

7. I actually have seen someone do this for heat.
    It seemed like it was working although the wall was warm to the touch.

Personally it scared me, the last thing I want it to come home to firetrucks and police because I started a fire in my own house.

Id imagine FLIR would be all over it if you have that in your area, even a small op would become visible I would think.

Id say go with the 10ft and maybe get a duct booster fan or something like that.

8. this is only a thought would i be able to run the ducking down my box into a bucket of ice water so it bubbles to get rid of the heat

9. Just venting the hot air into the wall isn't likely to do anything for you. The small space there would probably, given the construction of most houses in the last several decades, pressurise to a degree and start backing up. I'd pursue pretty much any other option.

10. In theory sure but the pressure of getting the air through the water is going to reduce the air flow in the system dramatically, probably enough to mess up the works.

Swamp coolers work like that but instead of INTO the water they vent OVER the water to reduce the temp.

Problem is that eventually the water will warm to the same temp as the air and then you get no benefit from it, unles it can cool down enough during lights off.

11. [quote name='josephspare21']i need to know can i vent my exhaust into my bedroom wall would that work and if so how bad would it smell if at all?[/QUOTE

NO.