ventilation with computer fans

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ksac, Jun 18, 2006.

1. I've been looking into computer fans for ventilation and trying to apply them to my grow space. My gro space is 5 ft wide 2 ft deep and 5 ft tall. I have a 400w hps ready to mount. I've planned on using 1 120mm fan to exhaust air from the upper left side and 1 120mm fan for active intake from the bottom right side. I will also be using a fan (not a computer fan) to move the air between the light and plants.

Is this feasible? Anyone know from experience how helpful cpu fans really are? How many cfms should I be looking for from the computer fans?

2. If you could, Id throw another fan for intake and another fan for exaust...just because it doesnt hurt to have more oxygen flowing through it.

3. i use computer fans for my cab. i just wired up 4 to a computer power box thing and they work fine. i have 1 intake 1 out and two on the plant

4. Dont use an active intake.Theres no point if you have an active exhaust. Just make both push air out and use a passive intake.And try to get a fan with high cfms. I seen a few on tigerdirect that were 80cfm.