Ventilation system for a grow box?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Speedcore, Feb 27, 2009.

1. I have been working on a grow box and I was wondering about the ventilation system......

I have a computer fan pointing outward the grow box that way its blowing the air out of the box is this the correct way of venting?

2. since you havnt given any info about your setup, you most likely wont get a good answer.

how big is the space? what type of lights? heat? humidity?

a single PC fan isnt gonna get the job done

3. You need at least 2 holes, one for intake and one for exhaust. Intake should be low and exhaust should be high in your space (to draw in cool air and vent out warmer air). Put a fan on the exhaust -- not just pointing at it but mounted flush to the exhaust or inline, pulling air out. And I agree, a computer fan isn't enough, after all it was only made to vent a computer. Both intake and exhaust should have light traps on them.

4. Sorry, was in a hurry that was a unspecific question I have stripped out most of the parts in a computer tower.

I am going to have one of the fans blowing air in while one fan blows air out will this do the job for the plants?

(The plants are only going to be in there tempo till I move them into a larger box.)

5. how are we supposed to answer that when you havnt told us ANYTHING about your setup?

generally i'd say no, thats not gonna be enough. but like i said since i dont have a clue what your setup is like i cant say for sure.