Ventilation question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigD1128, Apr 28, 2017.

1. yeh they do well. I've used a 150cfm one to cool a 400w hps and filter. I have a 110cfm model that's been running 24/7 for about 6 years straight now and is still nice and quiet. I just suggested them cuz they're nice and quiet and you said stealth is a concern. These are the best choice for stealth imo. They are dead quiet as long as you don't restrict the airflow. Even if you do restrict the airflow the fan kinda 'gears up' and gets a little louder and also speeds the fan up to compensate.

I got them shipped free to store at homedepot.
    80cfm Model# FV-08VQ5
    110cfm Model# FV-11VQ5
    150cfm Model# FV-15VQ5

2. I will def look into that. Thanks!

3. Like mentioned you need an inline cf if you want your wife off your back. There will be no smell at all, unless you open your cabinet. Then you could use the booster fan to suck fresh air in your Grow space. I don't think you need to sell your light IMO. Once you get everything how you want it. Cobbs will give you good penetration and it shouldn't run hot at all. I would post pictures when you get a chance. It's hard to imagine your set up. And get good advice if no one could see what your working with.
    Good Luck!

4. I will post some pictures this afternoon.

5. IMG_3933.PNG IMG_3932.JPG IMG_3933.PNG I found a 4" inline fan on Amazon that will be here today. I hope this gets me through this grow. For 40$ I'm not expecting too much. Here is a picture of the duct work on my cabinet. Basically the 4" pipe runs from the top and backside of the cabinet where it transitions into a 6" booster fan. I have the filter disconnected at the moment to keep it cool inside.

6. CAn you fit the filter inside? I think your best option would be to put the filter inside and have the new fan sitting right on top, sucking out. If it won't fit above the light, maybe create a short extension on top the hold the filter and fan.

Filters tend to work better when you suck through them.If you blow into the filter, it's really important to line the inside of the filter with prefilter material. Dust and dirt build up quite quickly in the carbon if you don't have a prefilter.

*also, a passive intake hole should be 2x the size of the exhaust. You fan's power might be restricted because there's not enough incoming air.

7. Wait, is the filter inside the cabinet or outside? If it can be in the cabinet that would be preferable. I realize space is a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. The fan is outside of the cabinet. There isn't any room inside the cabinet for it

9. Can you just mount the fan and filter to the top so you don't have all that ducting? You would move more air and heat.

10. That is a possibility. I wonder how much "scrubbing power" I would lose if I cut the filter shorter? Right now it is 12"tall. If I cut it in half would I lose any of the odor scrubbing abilities? At 6" tall I could possibly fit it inside the cabinet

11. Can the filter fit sideways?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I installed an inline fan tonight. I had some vibration issues and someone suggested using rubber grommets where the fan mounts to the cabinet. Problem solved! My cab is now sitting at 77F and the air is flowing through my filter without a bit of odor. Thanks everyone for your help!!

• Like Like x 2