Ventilation help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by 187Budz, Aug 8, 2017.

1. What has it done to your electric bill per month I heard it's cheaper than cfls

2. 135W is nothing lol... it may go up 10 bucks a month give or take after you have everything up and running. Not to sure though just figure out how many your electric company charges per kw

Grow journal

3. I want to buy one how many grows have u done with it so far how big is ur grow space. Sorry for all the questions I'm just really curious

4. I've been using one for a year the other for coming up on half a year. They do a good job and make good sidelights or veg lights if you ever want to upgrade your flower light to something stronger down the road. [​IMG] she started off flowering with one unit directly on her but the other girl finished up 3 weeks or so before her so she gets both panels the last half of flower. Hoping for close to a QP from her alone.

Grow journal

5. My god that looks good man

6. What temp does your tent run at

7. I plan to start my grow in a month or so when the tempature drops outside I don't want to use my AC to cool my box

Attached Files:

8. Nice grow box Burner. I would paint the walls white or put up some black/ white poly film myself.

I am in S Oregon and we pay 10c a kwh. If you are on property zoned ag you pay 8c. The rate does go up though based on how much you use.
    have you considered building a light?

9. Thanks Penrey it's a work in progress I have more reflective material just waiting to drill holes for intake and exhaust before I hang more. Nice to see someone from Oregon on here. I've looked at the diy lights but haven't really thought about doing one yet, although I think it would be in my best interest. Do you have one you've used. I've looked at my electric bill but haven't figured out what I pay per kw

10. I made a light with parts from rapidled. I think there are led vendors/ advertisers here too that sell parts. I learned pretty much everything from reading on sites like this one and from watching growmau5 vids on youtube. You can start small and expand like I did with the light. I started with 3 cobs and have been expanding since. I am up to 8 and think I have my space covered now.

Some shops sell diy kits that are ready to go too. Check out the advertisers here and rapidled, cobkits, tastyled, cutter in au, timber ect.

I have seen great plants grown with the mars lights and some of the other amazon ones, but building one is just fun.

11. Thanks! will do I've never heard of those ppl but I will look them up. How big is your grow space. Mines only 4 ft tall so my main concern was led light to close to the plants because I heard stories about bleaching. Have you had those issues.

12. My tent stays around 72-82 depending. DIY is also a good idea... there are kits on the market that are very simple... this board is on sale for 29 bucks QB120 Quantum Board only requires a driver so that's 60W of high quality light for around 55 bucks. Or they have 135W diy kits that are currently out of stock that are highly praised. 135W QB LED Kit. But also as I said the mars 300's will work fine for what you want and you can use them as side lights or supplement if you ever decide to go for a bigger area... the little QB120's would fit very nicely in that area as well giving you the most space you have between the light and the plant.

Also grow in a 4x2x4 btw.

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It really depends on how hard you drive them. With a short space like yours I would go with the older and cheaper cobs, and run more of them at a lower current. You would be able to get them fairly close to the plants that way and have great coverage without going overboard on cost.

I have a mars tent that is 70'' tall. I run my cobs on dimable drivers, so I can run my fixture of 8 cobs anywhere from 25w up to 442w. I use the B version of mean well drivers.

14. Yeah my box has never over heated get a speed controler as well so u can adjust it that’ll help with adjusting temp and humidity as well