Ventilation help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by 187Budz, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Hello all. In process of buying my gear for first time hydro set up.
    I bought a small duct fan for like $14 from ebay (was going to use to help with intake). But after looking up the airflow of the product (box was in Chinese) using the product number i realized its rated at 140 m3/H (4944 cubic feet/H)
    Using simple calculations 82.4 cubic feet per minute.
    My grow room will be roughly 2'deepx4'widex6'high (48 cubic feet).
    Assuming my calc is correct and the advertised airflow is correct. This should be more then enough exhaust correct? 1502204147414.png
    I only ask because intake fans cost a shit load (and im on a budget) and i find it hard to believe this little $14 4" duct booster fan can really pull that much air while every inline fan cost 6 arms and a leg.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That rating is for little to no pressure. If you add a filter, a couple of bends and a few feet of duct that fan will fall flat on it's face. I think it is meant to assist in moving air where flow is already present. I see it used for assisting passive intakes mostly. I used one before in a veg tent where it was just taped to the duct opening with no ducting. It vented right into the room. It work ok for that.

3. Penrey thats exactly what i bought it for lol. Knew it was way to small to be able to put out that much air. Thanks for the reply. Back to trying to find a decently affordable inline fan lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Any time Bro. I bought a vortex one a long time ago and it is still going strong. I take it apart and clean it and it just keeps on working. The ipower ones I see on amazon seem pretty cheap and have descent feedback in the comments. Good luck :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got all excited there for a moment lol but unforrunitly does not ship to my location

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Damn it lol. Free shipping till i sign in. Shipping cost same as the fan

7. Just gotta save a little more im thinking... or MacGyver the shit out of something till i can afford a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have you tried going on eBay and typing in carbon filter fan combo. Then sorting it to free shipping to your country and see what pops up?

Grow journal

9. Lol im on the ebay, amazon, kijiji, home depot and canadian tire apps every day usually multiple times lol wife says im obsessed... which just might be the case. Im just working on a tight budget at the moment (credit cards are getting up there).

10. I'm in the same boat I'm doin the 5 gallon bucket carbon filter with inline fans 4 inch intake 6 inch exhaust speed control on both fans

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ive seen a few of these now. And most likely going to build one myself which is why im not keen on the fan filter combo. Hate buying stuff i can make myself and we both know theyre ridiculously over priced. Odor control isnt a huge concern as i currently grow out back and my neighbors dont care. And in less then a year it will be legal to grow here anyways(the more conceled the better though obviously). My max was 2 plants so it didnt last long lol 4 this year and preparing to grow year round.

12. I rent so I'm tryin to keep it real low key, doin it slow so I don't fail. I built a box 4 ft tall 32 inches squared gunna do my 1st grow with cfls got a couple 65w and a bunch of 45s. Next grow gunna buy a hps tube with reflector. My goal is half ounce to ounce with cfls. Hps hopefully 2 or 3 ounces. That way I only have to grow 2x a year.

13. I live in Oregon it's legal here but tired of buying from shops. I can find good deals 100 an ounce isn't horrible last me 2 months but I want certain strains that I can't always find for cheap I'm big into cbd strains and indicas.

14. Hey man if all you want is 2-3 ounces a grow I'd highly recommend just buying a mars hydro 300 for 65 bucks on eBay... I just got 78 grams off of a plant with one... second plant I grew out longer so it has both lights and is bigger im hoping for a QP from it. Next grow I plan on doing a scrog with 3 lights and hopefully hit 12 ounces or so in my 4x2.. anyhow feel free to check out my grow to see how the budget LED's perform... would definitely be worth it to consider buying one for this grows flowering cycle it'll pay for itself quiet a few times over just on the first grow. My first harvest I had was a QP with a mars 300 and a few CFL.

Grow journal

15. I've seen those n thought about it I love the low heat idea how long have u had it I hesitate buying a led because I hear stories of getting fake ones or they burn up after 1 grow and bleaching plants what's the closest you've ever had it to ur plants I don't trust reviews anymore