Vent..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Got Milk, Dec 30, 2009.

1. I would ditch that fan and get some PC fans.

PC fans are easy and cheap, not to mention they would do a PERFECT job for a cab 3x3.

I would get four 3' PC fans and have 2 intake and 2 exhaust.

2. I was going to have one 8cm pc fan as air intake and that bad boy as the out take...

Anyone else agree that i should just use pc fans? They $8 each. I can purchase 5 pc fans for the price of that inline one...

3. 1 8cm PC fan + 5 PC fans for 8$ a piece, you will be moving a lot of quality air for your babies, you would be fine with 3 PC fans + 1 8cm fan (2 in and 2 out) and save a bit of money, add another CFL ^_^

Going to sleep, night bro. Good luck in your your thread, I'll be checking when I wake up

4. I dunno, this inline fan moves 400 cubic feet of air per minute.. My grow box will be a couple of square feet... Its a more expensive choice but i dont have to worry about fitting my carbon filter now.. Using pvc corner joint from fan to filter..

5. #6 hobbiest, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
    Note the product information says "Great for venting air into greenhouses and grow rooms."
    These types of fans are great for moving large volumes of air with no obstructions. They were originally designed to boost flow in long sections of pipe because of friction loses (head loss) If your going to be piping it around corners and bends, or through a carbon scrubber it will most likely NOT create enough static pressure to pull or push the air through it effectively as head losses would be too great. If you plan to just use it with a passive intake or exhaust, and have this fan go straight in or out it should be ok. Also another important factor is the types of light(s) you will be using. HID's will get real hot and that fan trying to get air through an air filter is not going to be enough.

Sources - I study fluid mechanics.

6. #7 Got Milk, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
    As mentioned in OP im using about 150w of Cfls.

The fan was going to be connected to a small pvc corner joint that goes into my carbon filter. My carbon filter is a metal cylinder with mesh on the bottom and about 2 inches deep of activated carbon..

EDIT: Found a better medium then using a pvc corner, im going to use some sort of ducting.. Pipe leading from inline fan to carbon filter..

Would it suffice in keeping temps around 80?