vent help needed, closet grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bongrubber, May 7, 2008.

1. So I have been growing for awhile in my closet, but here in wisconsin, its just starting to get warm enough where i cant just leave the door cracked anymore, and theres really no way i can think of to get fresh air in with the door closed, i have two outake fans and 1 bigger fan inside my growbox within my closet, if anybody has any ideas to fix this problem, thatd be bomb

2. Sounds like you need to invest in a carbon scrubber to handle your exhaust. Add a little 'decco' louver vent to the door, top and bottom.

3. sorry, whats that "decco" louver thing ? lol

4. Hi.

The decco vent is from home depot. Just search there for it.

Gonna need some more specifics.

How big and what kind of fans, and how are they placed? Do you have any air intake other than the door? Is there another room that shares the wall inside the closet? If so, how are the temps in there? Is your place Air Conditioned?

How are your temps normally?

Pics would help. If you have to draw one on MSPaint and it looks shitty, it will still help.

I'd be happy to help ya.

One word of advice (and not trying to be too harsh) get that myspace link off of your profile and ditch the self pic in there as well. :hide:

5. alright sorry, i built like a mini growroom inside my closet about half the size as the actual closet

there are two computer fans acting as exhaust, but that air just lingers in the closet as theres no vent out of the closet, also theres a larger fan inside the grow area

temps were usually around 73-77, but since it started getting warmer, they're ranging from like 85-89, and thats too warm for me, especially considering its only in the 70's now here

and no the house isn't a/c'd

and i'll try to get some pics up or something

6. Is there another room that shares a common wall with the closet?
    living room, bedroom, ect.
    Are you apartment growing?
    what are the dimensions of the cab?
    How big are the pc fans?
    is the cab fixed to the wall or free standing?
    How big is the fan in the interior?

7. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• gr.bmp
      File size:
      191.1 KB
      Views:
  8. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• gr2.bmp
      File size:
      86.4 KB
      Views:
  9. I still live at home with my parents, and no there really isnt another room i can make a hole in and vent into
    im too lazy to go measure dimensions but if id have to guess id say about 4 feet across, 2 feet back, and 3 feet high
    the pc fans arent real powerful, there about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
    its fixed to the wall
    and the fan inside isnt huge but its not small either, its a circular one about 9" across

10. Can you afford a window AC unit ($250) for your room? That is about the only option I can see now. The AC and leaving the door cracked.

11. ah shit probably not, im hoping on moving out fairly quick, so i dont really wanna blow that (no job, hard to get cash at this time)
    but yeah thanks for the input anyway

12. Due to your circumstances this is not a great idea to grow. I would wait until you have the extra money to spend, and you have a better living arrangement. Not trying to crush hopes of free pot, but proper ventilation and temp control are a must.
    What are you using for lights? I guess we never covered that part.

13. well iv already had a couple harvests, i have just been using cfls,but am about to get a hps 400w, maybe i'll just go a little north on some land we own and put a few outside, that seems like the most logical idea i have at this point

14. I had a friend that got busted near Gitchee Gummee doing the outdoor thing. Be careful.

15. is that in wisconsin or what?

16. That's Lake Superior.