Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

vent (almost) exploded

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HeinrichH, Dec 29, 2012.

  1. I'm setting up my first grow tent and I got the lamp to work so now I'm trying to get the vent to work. What I did is I took a regular extension cord, cut off the socket part and connected the wires to the vent (it has these things were you can screw in the wires, like when hooking up a ceiling lamp). It seemed the logical thing to do, also after checking the label (check the picture I uploaded). So when I plugged it in it started turning like it should and then suddenly something came out that looked like dust or powder and after that there was a quick flame inside of the vent and I smelled plastic melting. After that I immediately unplugged it and haven't touched it since.
    Since this is my first time, I have no idea if the vent was faulty beforehand or did I just go full retard? What's the correct way to hook up a vent?

    Attached Files:

  2. 30w is about a duct booster/pc fan, no? 2 wires, not that hard to fuck up, hot to hot. Sounds like you got some faulty equipment.
  3. be careful man
  4. You may have short circuited the motor, if not good! take the fan motor back to where you got it, and get them to replace it.

    230v at 50Hz or did you plug that in to a 110v cord ?

  5. I used a regular Europlug cord, the voltage from the wall is usually 220/230V

    so not my fault?

Share This Page