Veging Time????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by loco~coco, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Iv got 15ltr pots with a 1m2 square tent im going to go with 4 plants... i have 1.8m in hight.. 600w mh for veg and 600w for flower, im growing in coco... How long should i veg for or should i go for smaller pots more plants?!? Im growing blue cheese

iPhone
    Sent from my iPhone using

2. I'm a noob but have a similar setup to you.

pot size sounds okay. 4 of those would cover the floor pretty well I imagine?

from my research it seems that

if you are doing a scrog, veg until you're happy with the canopy. if not, veg until the plants are about half the height you want. so 80-90cm then switch to 12/12 as the plants will just about double in height.

correct me if I'm wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Pot size and number of plants is good for your area. Veg them until you have taken up a third of your available height. My blue cheese stretched a lot. Top The Tips repeatedly to bush out the plants filling the canopy

4. At what stage can i start topping them? They are about 6" at the moment

iPhone

5. #5 jonny.blaze/420, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    Top now... or google FIM, it is like topping but IME it doesn't shock the plant, plus you get more tops out of each cut. If you FIM and tie down you will get as many as 8 tops off one cut... Some people think FIMing is complicated but it's easy as pie and extremely effective. First pic is shortly after the FIM next pic is 4 days later.

Attached Files:

6. A Topped Plant Will Recover In About A Week And A Half,, I Was Scared When I First Did It,, You Can't Go Wrong Just Pinch Off The Top - New Growth
    A Topped Plant Takes A Little Longer To Show Sex,, But A Female Will Yield Great Compared To Not Topping
    Spaceman Charlie..

7. Thanks peeps! I F.I.M'd them about 3-4 days ago they are looking good... Im really happy with the growth.. Here are a cpl if pics 12 days from potting my clones.. What do you think? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404228841.901910.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404228860.668321.jpg attachment=1491451:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404228877.069329.jpg]

iPhone

Attached Files:

8. Good Shit Bro..

Spaceman Charlie..