Vegging question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FMBrecords, Jun 20, 2010.

1. So i put my seed in soil on May 18. Started of with two 23w 2700k cfls. Learned I need more wattage so went with 4 23w 3500k. Than I finally read kamel cfl guide and learned I need 100w+ of 6500K. So June 8th I finally got the proper lighting 4 26w 6500k cfls. eventually went to 150w 6500k cfl. recently broke a bulb readjusting so as it stands I have 127w 6500k and just added 46w 2700k b/c i read the mix might be benificial. It looks perfectly healthy and as of june June 16 I gave it its first watering with big bloom and grow big. Its in a closet 6ft high. Im not doing a sog or scrog b/c this is my first plant and want to learn how the plant reacts in each phase before i started messing with it and probably ruining it lol. As of now its looks to be about 10" tall.

Ok. So my question is can it veg too long. I was going to wait till it got to at least 2' probably 2 1/2' to put it into flowering. not sure how long it would take to get that tall and not sure if i can actually over veg if it ended up taking 3months to get to 2 1/2'. not saying that it would but just want to know if ill run into any problems.

Thanks.

2. Some people veg for years, google bonsai mother plant to see some really impressive veg times.

3. remember when it goes to flower. they sometimes will double in size!! so veg till size is 1/2 of what you want at harvest.