Vegging & Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by washmo, Jan 3, 2011.

1. how many plants are you trying to grow? Seems like it should be fine for maybe 5 or less plants depending on how long u veg and flower

2. I currently only have three growing at the moment. I am really hoping that one of them will be female...

I have lots more seeds to try if these turn out male...

I'm slightly worried that CFLs won't work during the Flowering phase... I've read a lot of negative threads about CFLs used during Flowering.

I just don't see how CFLs for flowering would not work...

My plan is to LST any females I get too...

Thanks for your reply!

3. No worries.. You can go all the way through flower with cfls.. My first grow I just finished up before christmas was with only cfls and I had 4 jars not counting the buds I took early because I was running short..

I can also post a few pics later if you want of my three in vegg right now.. Red dragon, blueberry gum, and lsd.. All about a month and a few weeks old and going into flower on the 9th..

I do have a few suggestions though for your set up..

A better ratio for cfls would be:

Vegg: 6 bright and 2 soft
    Flower: 6 soft and 2 bright

Those look like the clamp lights from lowes that I bought.. If so you can check how much wattage the clamp can handle and add on bulbs. You just take the clamp light and add three splitters.. then you can have 4 bulbs for each clamp making one light close to 100 watts..

Don't forget the electricity bill will go up adding cfls though.. It will also take longer flowering with cfls so be sure not to get impatient because it takes some time..

Goodluck with your kiddies..

4. Thanks Samson32!

Here is a Pic of my set up! :)

Whatcha think?

Attached Files:

5. Hmm.. Ok so I'm kinda stoned so bear with me haha..

I have a few suggestions to improve your area.. First I'd get rid of that piece of carpet.. Spills happen and it is much easier to clean it up off the hardwood floor.. I'd just move the carpet and put down a piece of plastic to keep your floors from getting wet..

The walls are white which is good.. If you want to improve you can always get some mylar, but white works well also..

Is that an oscillating fan? If so thumbs up.. If not don't point it straight at the plants just point to at a wall so they are still getting blown, but not extremely hard.. Constant wind actually breaks down the stem instead of strengthening them..

Make sure you have a timer as well.. Makes things a whole lot easier to control..

Here's an example of my grow..

whole room.jpg

Notice that I have the same clamp lights, but instead of 8 bulbs I have 16.. You don't have to add that many, but I would add about four more if heat isn't an issue once they get a bit older..

I should have 12 bright and 6 soft, but I ran out of bright so I have to go get some more soon..

Here are the three girls.. Alice (lsd), Bonnie (blueberry gum), and Cleopatra (Red Dragon)..
    cleopatra.jpg

Here is a pic I took from my very last plant I pulled.. This isn't including all I had previously taken because of lack of bud.. Just one girl.. The very last of my first grow.. So it is possible to get some good results with cfls..

bud.jpg

Happy token..

Attached Files:

6. Dude that's bad ass!

Yeah, I would really like to add more light, but I've been monitoring the temp and it's went from 75 degrees F to like 85ish degrees F after adding 4 more lights...

85 Degrees should be ok for a Marijuana Plant right? They like warmer temps right? Or does it depend on the strain? I believe Sativas like warmer weather than Indicas... I may be wrong though. I don't know what any of the seeds are that I have. I was told there could be some Blueberry Kush & Strawberry Kush mixed in... I'm just hoping that I grabbed the right one! HAHA

So, I think I'm going to stick with what I have. The temp during Flowering will probably get hotter bc I will have more wattage.

Oh, as for the fan, yes, it is an oscillating fan! The Only other way I can cool it off is by opening the door a few times a day. And I do have Mylar on the door, since it's not white like the walls...

Cheers! :smoke:

7. All CFL.......Was skunky as hell

buy a small microscope too

Attached Files: