vegging and flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigCrimp, Jul 30, 2010.

1. So i understand that during the veg cycle the plant is growing and then awhile after you switch its light cycle so it flowers (produces buds)

I'm asking how you know when to change ( I know strains are different from others ) the cycle and how your supposed to go by CA med card limitations of 6 flowers and 12 veg

How do you keep 12 vegging and then have 6 flowering.

wanting to know before I grow for the first time.

2. For the vegetative stage you use leave the lights on for 24 hours straight, or 18 hours on and 6 hours off. This will cause the plant to grow and produce more leaves. When your plant gets to about 1/3 of the size you want it to finally be, you switch the lights to 12 on and 12 off. This causes the plants to change into its flowering stage and it show its sex. You have to make sure they don't get any light during the dark period. You will have to have two separate growing areas to have some plants vegging while others flower. Best of luck with your first grow. Be sure to read as many of the guides on here as you can.

3. +Rep for that straight forward answer !

My grow wont be for almost a year due to me living with my parentals, dont wanna be disrespectful to them.

Downloaded several books and looked into many guides but never understood The part you explained.

Thank you

4. Yeah thats a good idea to wait until you have your own place to grow. In the mean is the perfect opportunity to learn as much as you can so that you don't run into to many problems when you finally get to start your grow. The best advice I can give you is to not skimp on your soil and nutrients. Meaning don't buy cheap miracle grow stuff. I had to learn the hard way that you get what you pay for. Also, pH is very important, even in soil grows.