veggin time

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kustomz, Oct 1, 2014.

1. hey guys and girls, 
    I've missed the growing season this year so i decided to plant some for next year.
    So my question is how big and what yield would you expect from a 12 month veg outside in
    the Uk?

Thanks in advance, Kustomz. 

2. 12 months of veg would draw out your flowering time way beyond what it should be. You don't need more than a few months to grow monsters.

3. Start in april or early may

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. ok guys thanks for the quick reply's; why would it take forever to flower if started that early?

5. It's a complicated biological response on which there's no shortage of quality literature if you want to know about it. Robert C Clarke is a good name to start with.

6. i've never heard of vegging for to long before, i just thought it would be a monster with a heavy yield pal. 
    Yea i might look that book up at some point.

7. Yeah, sorry to snark. Honestly I don't understand it too well myself, but it kinda makes sense when you think about it - cannabis is an annual plant, it's only genetically programmed to be alive maybe nine months before it dies. So to stretch out any period of its life so far beyond what it's naturally expecting kinda warps its biological clock / hormonal responses, which would certainly carry over into flowering. The research Clarke wrote about (some of it's available to read online, too) showed plants whose flowering was pretty retarded by the drawn out veg time; it's a trait somewhat visible in especially Thai and other tropical sativa genetics. Kind of a lazy, loose, meandering flowering stage. Worth it if you're after the unique sativa characteristics, not so much for yield or a vigorous plant.

8. cool mate, its just you can keep mothers for years then flower her without any problems but your putting me off now lol =) 
    anyone else have an opinion?  

9. #9 mjmama25, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Are you keeping them indoors over the winter? I hope you have a huge grow room. If you do have a grow room, why not just do an indoor crop. If you don't have a grow room, this will never work. Plants can't grow outdoors over the winter. Would be cool if they could!

To answer your question, I started some plants in January last year and they got 12 wide and yielded several pounds each. They were 4-5 feet already by the time I moved them outdoors. The problem is, a plant that age is VERY sexually mature and dying to flower. The problem isn't the plant taking to long to flower, as suggested above. The problem you'll encounter is they want to flower early, which will ruin your yields. You'll need to keep them under lights until mid may or even June depending on your location.

10. fuck it lads, imma plant my seeds (shiva skunk) early march, 
    thanks everyone!