Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

vegetable glycerine tincture problems.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by throatgorge, Jan 1, 2020.

1. I like edibles, but I'm trying to eliminate or severely restrict carbohydrates, so I've been trying to tincture some shatter into a liquid that I can just drop into my drink and enjoy.
    Well right now I got liquefied shatter floating on top of vegetable glycerine and stuck to the sides of the jar I attempted to swish around and get it to dissolve it in.
    I hate to waste 2 grams of shatter!
    I don't vape. I have PTSD and lighting up glass with a torch or seeing someone else do that triggers the HELL out of me.
    I got it in a crock pot, and I've had it on low overnight and on high now (it doesn't seem to get very hot).
    This is supposed to work, but it isn't. Last time I "rescued" it by adding oil, and soy lecithin I got some goop resembling cake batter.
    I have 2 grams of shatter in 100 ml of vegetable glycerine. it's 67% thc and I plan on adding water until the total volume is 250 ml.
    This should do me for 1/2 a teaspoon-1 teaspoon strength for my daily dose. It will be cheaper and less harmful to my dietary restrictions than the edibles I can get at the dispensary.
    I think I should get a candy thermometer and carefully use the stovetop. Maybe if the glycerine is close to the top margin of heating that won't destroy the THC I can get it to dissolve?
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or should I just keep doing what I'm doing for 2 or three days in a row? LOL

2. The long cook crockpot recipes aren't very good.
    Over time the heat degrades thc.

You've worked much too hard.
    The simplest thing to do with shatter next time is
    1. Decarb @ 240 F for 40 min
    2. Blend the shatter, and equal amount of lecithin, and as much oil as you want.
    3. Pre-heat mixture to 220 F, and bake at that temp for 20-60 min. 60 min is slightly sleepier than 20 min.
    This will result in an oil tincture that can be used in anything, or baked with.
    The glycerin is a vehicle to deliver cannabinoids, and isn't necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  3. @bkarnaze gave good advice and I urge you to try his method. Why are you diluting with water? I know you want to increase the total volume and maybe I'm far off base, but water and shatter don't mix. If you leave it at 100 ml you just have to take less of it. Good luck, I hope you get your shatter to mix with your vg.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks. looks like an oil extract is best anyway next time.

5. Simple and very effective.
    Decarb 240 For 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams Kief, Hash, Concentrates, Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind)
    Combine and Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done

This will be wickedly strong and should be dosed by the drop. I make up a bunch of 1 drop capsules when working with this grade of potency. Take 1 drop and wait a good 2 hours. If not stoned take 2 more drops and wait 2 more hours. Not stoned take 4 drops and wait again. Continue to double down and wait until your good and stoned.

Keep track of how many drops it takes to get you off. Now you have a baseline to start from next time.
    [​IMG]
    I make this stuff every couple of months and use it daily to control pain from several rounds of major surgery.
    [​IMG]
    Mine is done with Dry Ice Kief but I've made it from several forms of Concentrate from Wax to Shatter to Live Rosin with equally good results.

Hash-Coconut oil capsules = Zero Carbohydrates. LMAO
    Coconut oil is twice as fast to take effect as any other cooking oil.
    Lecithin doubles the effects from the same dose so you get twice as much stone for your money.

BNW

6. [​IMG]
    Zero taste or smell and very reasonably priced. My personal pick.
    upload_2020-1-1_14-34-13.jpeg
    :)

BNW

7. This is MOST CERTAINLY going to be what I do next time! Thanks-- but isn't commercially produced shatter (from a legal dispensary) already decarboxylized? I love lecithin-- it's a nootropic brain food for choline and it helps with kava too!

8. Of course, I'll be scaling this down. 5 grams of shatter would empty my pockets for the month.

9. Some concentrates are decarbed by the process that creates them. Additional decarb usually won't degrade and insures it IS active. Try a batch each way to know for sure.
    Scale up or down as needed or desired just make the same recipe each time so you know what to expect strength wise from say a single drop or capsule.
    My Kief based oil at this ratio is 83mg per (0) capsule or 3.3mg per drop.

BNW

• Like Like x 1