Veg time and light questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JerseyCaper, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I originally posted this in the Indoor Forum but it probably belongs here

Two questions.
    First, is there an optimum length to veg? Seems to me that the longer one keeps a plant in veg then the greater the yield. But is there a point where that doesn't apply? I'm a new grower, just two plants right now, each in a 6" pot but space is not an issue. Will transplant eventually to 5 gallon each.

Second, I'm using six 26W/100w output CFLs in reflector clamp lights, a mix between 5000k and 6500k between 2" and 6" from the plants. I will reposition as they grow ensuring to hit all parts of plant. I could add more. Is there a point where more doesn't matter or is more light always better?

When I go to flower I'll change to something around 2500k and will position lights above and around plants.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. You are right the longer you veg the bigger your plant the more you will yield how ever there are limiting factors such as how much light you have to provide.... As you probably know a plant will double or triple in size after you flip the switch and you do not want more plant than you have the ability to adequately illuminate.

There is no such thing as to much light the more the better...

3. +rep and thanks!