Veg For 2 Weeks?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KeepingIrelandGreen, May 9, 2021.

1. Hi
    I only grow 1 plant at a time. But I have a Migro 100w & 120w led & I'm buying an 80x80x180 tent for my next grow.
    I was going to put 6 x 6.5 litre pots & grow +Speed Auto in there.
    Now I'm thinking would I be better off getting feminized seeds & vegging them for two weeks then switching to flower?
    Any & all opinions greatly appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. hi there i tried that when i first started growing i let the plants grow a 2-3 leaf nodes with full size leaves then flipped the light plants did flowr ok the plants didnt grow very tall ,,they were all indica plants ,,i tried it with indica sativa Xs and they got to tall for the small place i had at the time .tbecause the sativa in the Xs made the plants keep growing in veg for a while before they dicided to go in to flower ,,so i think try with indica plants,and you should be ok as long as you keep away from indica .Xsativa or sativas,,,luck ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. you may get an ounce maybe a little more per plant vegging 2 weeks before flower. thats sooner to flower than a auto. i veg photos for 2 months then when i flip i fill in the extra tent space with new plants normally 2 or 3 i run them from seed in gallon pots they may not veg for 2 weeks before flower but that 2 extra weeks wont pull you too much more than what i do running from seed to harvest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. if you plan on getting a 6x6 tent 220 watts wont be near enough for that size grow space

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. I would setup a tiny perpetual. One side is veg other is flower. Keep a clone of a clone until you rotate it out sorta deal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. No it's an 80cmx80x180 tent

• Like Like x 1
  7. my bad a 2x2 we dont do cm in america lol i went for 80 inches into 6ft

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Still ain't no light, my clone light is stronger in my 2x2x4 tent

9. The 100w & 120w each cover 3ft x 3ft in veg 2ft x 2ft in flower. That's plenty of light

10. How much U pull from one plant?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm drying a Big Bang Auto now & she was only under the 120w. It looks like I'll get about 6 oz off her

• Like Like x 2
  12. That is just marketing bs. Neither of those are enough for a 2x2. Together they will give you flower in that tent but you could run more light. Ive ran 12/12 from seed and still got over 2 ounces off them.... they dont become sexually mature until about 5-6 weeks and they dont flower until they are sexually mature.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Don't mean to be rude, but when you say "Neither of those are enough for a 2x2", you're talking without any knowledge or info, which means you're talking total bs.
    Maybe go to their website, find the facts, then don't bother getting back to me :rolleyes:

14. 100 watts / 4 square foot = 25 watts per square foot. Not enough. The people making cheap led boards really like to exaggerate what they are capable of.

15. I read somewhere that saturation is supposed to be 30watts per plant.

16. Depends on the efficiency of the light. 35-50w is the general recommendation.

17. My plants seems to be fine with 28-30 watts per square ft in flower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. But could they be better?

• Like Like x 1
  19. The led lights they're making these days are much better.

20. Yeah but when were talking 100w boards, odds are they are nothing special.