veg box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TATtheHOOD, Feb 22, 2013.

1. So I just made a nice little cfl veg box out of my old nightstand. I have an issue though. From the floor to the lights it's only about 9inches and I'm just asking myself if that's enough room to sprout then veg for 30 days... I can lst them and everything but I don't know if lst is the proper thing to do in a plastic cup. And if it is do u still just transplant the normal way and tie down afterward? :confused: someone please help....

2. Are you talking nine inches from the top of the cup?

3. Hmmm, the more room the better. Plants need room for their roots to grow. I tried something similar and my plants ended up not doing so well. :/

4. Nah about 6ish inches from the cup.

5. thats way too little in my opinion, grows that small need a lot of care and produce next to nothing... try outdoor (guerilla) growing.
    but if youre set on growing in that tiny box, at least use an intelligent container. since your biggest problem is lack of height, it should be flat and very wide, ideally covering the entire ground surface of your box.

6. I don't plan on flowering in this box. I have a tent with a 600w hps in it. But I was looking for a place just for veg since my tent is about to switch to flower.

7. I just cut the floor out... That gives me an extra 4in

8. Can you explain what you mean by an intelligent container?

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but is it a brand? Can you post a link to what you are referring to?

-FragileBob

9. look at smartpots garlic planter. (smartpots.com)

the planter is wide and squat, allowing you to fit 15 gallons of dirt in a 2x2 space... and it's under a foot tall!!!!

10. Thanks for not jumping my case. I'll look into it.

-FragileBob

11. sorry, I meant an intelligent choice of container, cuz it seems obvious to be that it needs to be wide and flat... but since youre gonna move the plant to a larger space (and repot I assume), its probably best to use something thats not extremely wide so that you can later repot into a normal container. cannabis normally prefers containers that are deeper than they are wide.