vector dump

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by elias whatever, Apr 27, 2009.

1. #1 elias whatever, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
    i dont know how much traffic this section gets. i make quite a bit of art!

i primarily make vector art, vector art is more of a technical method than a style. vector basically means that it is made by rasters, not pixels, which means it can be raised or reduced in size and it'll still retain its details and wont become blurry. awesome huh? i made this shit using adobe illustrator cs3. hope this gets some replies!

you can find anything i post, plus stuff i didnt feel like posting at my Deviant Art

illustrator cs3.

vectors:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vexels:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

something i did with a book, a knife, and a pen:
    [​IMG]

2. I has illy cs4 but im sure they work the same. how do you cut out part of the background (only layer) i just want to cut out a joint from a white background but i cant figure it out for the life of me.

3. im not sure what you're asking, but maybe photoshop would be a better tool? its more for image manipulation. illustrator is more for design and junk. but if you explain it more i might be able to help

4. Looks nice and clean like a vector should be.
    One thing though in your description: raster graphics are made of pixels, vector graphics are derived from paths and geometric shapes as opposed to pixels

There are a number of ways to extract part of an image from a background. Free selection lasso tool if you've got steady hands (fuck that), polygonal lasso tool if you don't mind not being able to undo your last step until you're done with the selection, masking, etc. I think one of the best ways for extracting part of an image is the pen tool, because it has 'physics' that allow you to make smooth curves, and it allows you to do a lot of other manipulations.

5. Some really nice stuff ya got there. I design myself. Nice composition :D

6. #6 elias whatever, May 11, 2009
    thanks for the correction Elechronic

i get confused sometimes ;)

do you vector?

edit: i also added more vectors!

7. the one with the rabbit is sooo fucking awesome, i love it for some reason.

8. thats my girlfriend with her rabbit :)

9. adobe illustrator is the shhit.. i wish i still had it...

man i would love me a dope ass avatar like that wink wink

10. #10 elias whatever, May 11, 2009
    what like mine? mine is just my weed on my table all set up nice and cut out

[​IMG]

11. no i meant a nice clean piece of vector art, like the ones you have posted. and i meant signature... not avatar... my bad

12. ahhh, im sorry but i dont do signature stuff... you should check out teeumtees thread, its still on this page