Various problems...could use help >.>

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hashhunter, May 2, 2012.

1. Hello ladies and gentlemen :). Long time lurker, first time poster here, and I figured I might as well make my first post a question....it's not that I'm shy you see, it's simply because the brains on this site do such a great job sharing their vast expanse of experience, I haven't needed to until now! :smoke:

Okay, so, heres what I'm working with....I'm about a week into a 24 specimen ebb and flow, using a rockwool cube/hydroton setup. I just hit them with their first nutes 3 days ago, using sensi grow a and b at quarter strength, as well as some root enhancer (which I started at transplant). The vast majority of them are doing great, but theres a couple stragglers and I want to try to identify and fix the problems before they manifest any further...

Most of it seems to be nute burn, but a few of them def have something fishy going on...

Attached Files:

2. a few more...

Attached Files:

3. Just looks like nute burn with maybe some ph imbalances to me.:smoke:

4. Anyone else want to weigh in? pH has been steady, Ive been letting it drift between 5.6-6.1.

5. how far is the light? they look burnt up, heat light combo?...how about the ones that are doing good, what do they look like?
    The root enhancer may be giving you the issue, at 25% strength it probably isn't the nuts.

6. #6 hashhunter, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    The lights are at least three and a half feet away, with the help of a 700 cfm fan exhausting it. When I put my hand directly on top of the housing, its barely warm to the touch, so I think it's unlikely that its heat damage.

BUT, I did find out last night that I had a small spider mite problem, which I promptly hit with Jack's deadbug. I was also having a bit of a whitefly problem as well, which the deadbug helped. Theres still a few flying around (seems to be about 2-3 per plant, but it handled the vast majority of them). Just gotta stay vigilant.

Last night I made a fresh batch of ro with quarter strength enhancer to flush em. I'm going to do that for a day then add 15% strength sensi (since they burned a bit, even at quarter strength...

EDIT: I'm going to start a grow log tonite, and post pics of the healthy ones as well, so I'll just link to it when it's up :)