Vaporizing Temperature Question

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BlackBriar7, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Hello,

I'm relatively new to Vaping and cannabis in general. I've seen and read a lot about Vaping at different temperatures releases different cannabinoids and has different effects. I've been going off of the chart below:

[​IMG]

Some people mention that start off their vape session on 160 C then go up to 180 C and then end on 210 C in order to get a full range of effects, which makes sense, but wouldn't vaping right off the bat at 210 C give you the full range of effects because it would have to heat up to those activation temperatures on the way to 210 C, or does the 210 C kill off those cannabinoids and affects?

It's all very interesting. If anyone has some insight I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

2. You have to start at the lower temp because at the higher one those terps would be burned off. When your heating up the device that your using isn't going to stay at that one temp that activates the specific terpenes effects. It's going to keep heating up till it reaches your specific set temp. Whereas if you set it at the low temp first that temperature will stay consistent so you'll have time to take your hit at that temp. Once you take a few hits at that temp, you can go ahead and raise the temperature higher. Chose whatever temp you like. This is called "temp-stepping". It will help you get that "entourage effect"....

• Like Like x 2
  3. if you own the latest Volcano you can set up profiles based on what terps are in your flower and their vape temps.
    It will go up to that temp and then blow air into the bag for 10 seconds and then go to the next temp and blow air for another 10 seconds and so on and so forth until it reaches the end of your profile setting

4. Like ClearTheChamber talks about I start at 193c and step up as the session goes on. i believe that to be most efficient. By gradually increasing the temperature I get the benefit of the chemicals that get burned up at higher temperatures. You should also save your ABV (already been vaped) flower, there is still THC trapped inside and you can use it in edibles, it's already decarboxylated.

5. It’s definitely personal preference. I like to vaporize anywhere above 400°F.
    But yes to get the full spectrum of cannabinoids it’s probably best to start a little lower and then go higher as you finish the bowl.

6. Generally taking such huge intake wastes a lot on the out flow ... we can only absorb so much in the amount of time the vapor is in there ... taking multiple draws allows for more absorption basically ... think a balloon ... fill it with vapor and then watch how it just bumps around ... well in the lungs that is happening and only so much is absorb-able ... another merit to starting low and working up n heat is the better delivery of the volatile Sesquiterpenes ( Myrcene/ pinene etc...) . the entourage works better in this case ... it takes a bit more patience to get right buts worth it
    Edit - the high heat up front too can destroy more sensitive information in there . metabolizing the plant is information