Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizing and anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by zachdini, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I started smoke mainly for my anxiety and depression but I also have some stomach problems so the positive effects on nausea were definitely welcomed. I've done some research lately and was reading that a high CBD to THC percentage is better for anxiety as it calms your body down more. As I live in a non-medical state, I don't really have a say in whether I get indica or sativa.

My question is on vaporizing. Up until about a week ago I was smoking and I really enjoyed the feeling that I got; I was very relaxed, I couldn't help but smile, I was always hungry, and best of all, I had no anxiety or depression. The only downside was that smoking smells, is more obvious than vaporizing, and I felt very tired from the relaxed feeling.

I recently got the MFLB and I was amazed at how much I am conserving. It's also great because it's portable and barely smells so that I can use it on campus if I feel the need. I definitely noticed a different in the type of high. I feel much more functional with my MFLB. However, I notice my heart racing more than I would after smoking. My appetite isn't as big either. I read somewhere that the lower temperatures from vaporizing causes more THC to be absorbed than CBD which would be the opposite of what I want… is this true? Is this normal of vaporizing and would you guys suggest going back to smoking? If not, does anyone have any ideas of what to do? I would love to not have wasted money on the MFLB and I would like to be able to bring it to school but if it isn't for me, it isn't for me.

Sorry for the long read.

2. [quote name='"zachdini"']I started smoke mainly for my anxiety and depression but I also have some stomach problems so the positive effects on nausea were definitely welcomed. I've done some research lately and was reading that a high CBD to THC percentage is better for anxiety as it calms your body down more. As I live in a non-medical state, I don't really have a say in whether I get indica or sativa.

My question is on vaporizing. Up until about a week ago I was smoking and I really enjoyed the feeling that I got; I was very relaxed, I couldn't help but smile, I was always hungry, and best of all, I had no anxiety or depression. The only downside was that smoking smells, is more obvious than vaporizing, and I felt very tired from the relaxed feeling.

I recently got the MFLB and I was amazed at how much I am conserving. It's also great because it's portable and barely smells so that I can use it on campus if I feel the need. I definitely noticed a different in the type of high. I feel much more functional with my MFLB. However, I notice my heart racing more than I would after smoking. My appetite isn't as big either. I read somewhere that the lower temperatures from vaporizing causes more THC to be absorbed than CBD which would be the opposite of what I want… is this true? Is this normal of vaporizing and would you guys suggest going back to smoking? If not, does anyone have any ideas of what to do? I would love to not have wasted money on the MFLB and I would like to be able to bring it to school but if it isn't for me, it isn't for me.

Sorry for the long read.[/quote]

No, this is not true. There are certain cannabinoids with higher temperatures, but CBD isn't one of the highest ones, and is easily extracted by vaporizers. The MFLB isn't a temp adjustable vape, but it still should be able to.

Also, THC is the one responsible for the appetite. So if what you were saying was true than it would be the opposite. THC is the reason your heart is racing a bit more than it would smoking - with vaping you do get quite a lot. However you definitely get CBD as well, as CBD is often the one used more often medicinally, and vaporizers are definitely perfect for medical use.

The high is different for numerous reasons, but lack of CBD isn't one of them. It is possible you're smoking more Sativa oriented strains, which will definitely have more THC than CBD (really, most indicas will also have higher THC than CBD, strains with more CBD than THC are rare and more new for pure medical purposes)

3. Hmm Ive noticed opposite effects when i smoke i get anxiety and when i vaporize i dont really get it. There are different ways to hit the mlfb, maybe youtube a few tutorials.

4. if you have access to mmj get a nice hybrid. It will give you a strong euphoric high to combat that anxiety and depression that sativas are known for but at the same time the indica side will provide a calming effect so you don't get too much of that racey feeling that sativas are also known for. you might have to test a few strains out to see which strain works best for you.

5. i could never tell the difference what kind of bud is for what.....i guess at some point some stoners decided there was a science to it and since we passed a medical law, we gotta treat it like, Tylenol is for pain, DayQuil is when you get sick, etc.... I think it's a bunch of bull. It has to do with your personality and tolerance level. Just like how you have happy drunks, angry drunks, kick back drunks. No one has ever said, if you drink Budweiser you're gonna be an angry drunk, but if you drink Miller, you'll be a laid back drunk.....WTF

6. [quote name='"420 Medical"']i could never tell the difference what kind of bud is for what.....i guess at some point some stoners decided there was a science to it and since we passed a medical law, we gotta treat it like, Tylenol is for pain, DayQuil is when you get sick, etc.... I think it's a bunch of bull. It has to do with your personality and tolerance level. Just like how you have happy drunks, angry drunks, kick back drunks. No one has ever said, if you drink Budweiser you're gonna be an angry drunk, but if you drink Miller, you'll be a laid back drunk.....WTF[/quote]

...that's only because alcohol is alcohol, and in terms of effects it will never differ.

For cannabis, theres THC/CBD, countless other cannabinoids, and countless different kinds of terpenes and terpenoids. It's mind-boggling how many useful things there are in cannabis, and how ALL of these greatly effect your high. Nearly every single one has some sort of effect. Even the non-cannabinoids like terpenes produce relaxing effects, and people can get "high" off these and these alone. This is why people who deal with cannabis a lot sometimes report being high just being around the cannabis plants a lot.

So, there really is HUGE differences between bud, in much more complex terms than just potency and potency alone.

7. LOL - thats all I gotta say to your uneducated post