vaporization vs combustion

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JohnnyBGreen, Jan 8, 2013.

1. lol @ the vape-fans

Well I've been hitting my EQ at 190C so far today and as suggested by its manifacturer it seems to be quite a sweet spot.

2. I prefer vaping mainly for taste and the intensity of the high. The conservation is a positive that doesn't matter to me really, just that its a plus.

Cons of it for me are redder eyes and getting too high. For some reason i need to combust A LOT to get red eyes but one elbow pack has me lookin red as can be. Also, if i vape during the day it usually gets me too high and im burnt out the rest of the day

3. Had to stay late at work. Raincheck for tomorrow I'll let you know :smoking:

4. Guessing you hit some pretty dank errr bro

5. #25 RolandDeschain, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    That's a tough one to answer.

Speaking solely of quality of the stone, I prefer combustion. The reasons are that, for me, the high is more intense, lasts longer, and contains a component of body relaxation that seems missing when I vaporize.

However, I vaporize more often than I combust. Vaporization is much easier on my lungs and conserves my stash better. The vapor high is much more functional, allowing me to sneak a quick toke and still be productive. Lastly, when I do choose to combust, it hits me like a freight train since I'm not as accustomed to it as I would be if I smoked all the time.

Daily user, btw.

6. Well my dealer gets it from a family grow op in nor cal. They grow for a dispensary and send some over here, so its typically pretty damn good but not always top top shelf.

7. i prefer combustion or edibles. vaping gives me a huge head high but not enough body. i prefer a balanced high with all the cannabinoids. also i dont like the taste and feel from vaping.

8. #28 Heosphoros, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    For the record, all cannabinoids can be gotten from a vape. Sounds like you had it at too low a temp or didn't finish the bowl.

9. If he's only getting a head high the temperature would be too low: THC has a lower heat of vapourisation than CBD, and most other cannabinoids for that matter.
    Personally I prefer the head high, I'm all about the sativa.:smoke:

10. Typo haha, thanks. You get both at high temp!

11. #31 juddo, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    i have both and agree that the vap high lasts no were near as long as combustion. vap i have is arizer from canada. ps. has anyone got seeds into qld australia this year without any problems from a online seed bank such as sea of seeds or marijuana-seeds.nl? thanks in advance

12. My vape high lasts me way longer than combustion. If I smoked a joint I'd be buzzed for like an hour tops, but if I took the same amount of weed And put it in my vape I could get pretty ripped for most of the day.

13. Maybe the length of the high is different , because you're not using a dosage that would be equivalent to the counterpart for thc and CBD absorbed.

14. This.. ill roll a 2 gram blunt and buzz for about an hour maybe hour an half....

Ill grind up the 2 grams and smoke 0.2 bowls From my solo.... That's 10 whole vape bowls..... vape a bowl every 15 mins solid and your not even done vaping until over 2 hours later. Then lets say u stayed high an hour and half on top of that...

3 1/2 hours of vaping with better taste and high (imo)

or a 1 1/2 hour high from one harsh blunt.

God i love vaping...and those 2+ hours of vaping every 15 mins you'll be way higher than u would of been sitting around After the blunts gone

15. Hmm what do you mean by this?

16. I keep seeing cbd....cbd has no psychoactive effect so cbd does nothing for your high.

17. But it does effect the high from the thc, I'm not positive why but I read it somewhere, think it had something to do with it binding to your cannaboid receptors or whatever.

Why do you think indicas and sativas are different

18. There are over 80 compounds in weed, thats why indica and sativa are different. Cbd will relax you and help calm you down but it will not make you higher or couch locked. Cbn is a big one to blame for couch lock. Cbn is a byproduct of degrading thc

19. CBD is pretty responsible for some couchlock too. It does more than just "relax". You're right that it isn't psychoactive so technically the actual "high" part is just THC. However, only THC is often unpleasant, so when the vast majority of people say high, they do mean the whole experience, which absolutely includes CBD and many other cannabinoids as well.

20. Considering that we're probably not comparing the dosage taken for the perception of our highs gram for gram. It's probably adjusted by feel. If say an individual smokes .25 grams and the next day vaped .25 grams he's probably going to stay high longer with the vape. We all know it's due to vapor being more efficient.The perception of being high is slightly diff for the 2, so maybe it's not really the case that vaporizing highs are shorter , but the users are overcompensating by vaping too little.

Of course this could be due to the compounds released from smoking that are not released from vaping somehow makes the high longer.