vaporization vs combustion

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JohnnyBGreen, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Without touching on the "scientific" evidence for and against the above mentioned methods of consumption, I would like to focus this thread on personal preference:

Answer as follows:

1] vaporization / combustion / both (indicate how you use it in combination)

2] reason

* if you do choose vaporization, indicate the vaporizer used in (brackets)

For me:

1] combustion

2] the high lasts longer

PS: the reason I am not doing a poll is because I want to focus more on the reasons provided for each method.

2. Vaporization

Conserves bud (my consumption was cut in half when I started vaping)
    Better taste
    Healthier
    Can vary the temp for different affects from a clear headed high to a couch lock high
    Can use bud that has already been vaped to make edibles.
    The high can last in excess of two to three hours depending upon strength of bud

3. Thank you for your input.

This is exactly what I am "struggling" with: when I vape I use more Cannabis than with combustion. I should add that I live in a country where Cannabis is illegal resulting in me consuming a standard strain of outdoor grown skunk. So I am thinking the potency of my Cannabis is not potent enough to work effectively in my EQ vaporizer.

Safe toking

4. Strange... load a fresh ground bowl of your outdoor into you eq. turn it on 185c puff for like 10 min. deep inhales slow exhale. then turn temp up to 210 no higher! and get rippin. The vape should take your (not so potent when smoked bud) into some dank.

5. :confused:

I stick mine to 197, leave it for about 5 minutes with the product inside and whip inserted, then take those slow, deep and hard inhalations.
    Puffing on it for ten minutes is just putting unnecessary strain on your lungs dude.:smoke:

Oh and I prefer vape, but at the moment have to borrow my house-mate's so I tend to just toke bowls.

6. Vaporizing for me

1)No dry throat ,lungs.
    2)minimal if any coughing.
    3)Can do it indoors without smelling up the place, and I don't smell like weed also,which is very good in cold winters.
    4)get more thc per gram
    5)smoother high
    6)easier on the lungs , so probably more healthy

7. I second everything that's been said for vaping so far.

8. Everything said with vaping x2......

Combustion just can't beat vaping.....too many benefits to it compared to "burning" your beautiful plant.

9. #9 Threeeyes, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    I vape more often but I prefer combustion.
    Combustion:
    pros
    longer, better high. cheap equipment
    Cons
    Smells, unhealthy, get ash and resin

Vape:
    Pros:
    Easy, unnoticeable, Tastes better, can use inside at anytime and no smell, it seems like my vape need more herb than with combustion but hard to tell because it's grinded, clean leaves you with dehydrated almost no smell herb.
    Cons,
    vapes are pricy,

But if I had an electronic expensive vape I'd probably get a better high, but I got a cheap one that only can vaporize small quantities of herb at a time.

10. [quote name='"Threeeyes"']I vape more often but I prefer combustion.
    Combustion:
    pros
    longer, better high. cheap equipment
    Cons
    Smells, unhealthy, get ash and resin

Vape:
    Pros:
    Easy, unnoticeable, Tastes better, can use inside at anytime and no smell, it seems like my vape need more herb than with combustion but hard to tell because it's grinded, clean leaves you with dehydrated almost no smell herb.
    Cons,
    vapes are pricy,

But if I had an electronic expensive vape I'd probably get a better high, but I got a cheap one that only can vaporize small quantities of herb at a time.[/quote]

I have an arizer solo that also only vapes small quantities. But i can assure you if you had a nice solid branded vaporizer you would use less herb then you do with combustion.

11. 1] vaporization

2] Not as bad for lungs/health

(Arizer Extreme Q)

12. I only use more herb in my vape because I use it more because it's so easy to use it whenever or where ever I want. I could bring the thing any where and hit it any place so impossible for anyone to even notice. I got a vapor Genie and it's the most portable thing I've owned even more so than a regular glass combustion pipe or a J.

13. Also for vaporizers is you get AVB , so you can turn those into edibles, basically getting as much THC out of your weed , even if the vaporizer isn't as efficient as others.

14. Vaping is way better IMO also. I have a DBV and Pax and pretty much can't get stoned with combustion anymore. I also get a shitty cough from smoking now which isn't very attractive. I only smoke now when friends come over because some are still skeptical of vapes.

15. vaporize

Favorite Reason

Health benefits: Every winter since I started smoking herb I had to carry tissue with me as my nose would run constantly when outside (I work construction). Now that I have made the switch, I no longer get congested in the morning and my nose and sinuses are clear all day outside in the cold. When I go skiing I can finally breathe without the aid of decongestants.

(VapeXhale Cloud)

16. Mmm...salute to all...does anyone think/know if you have to get use to the vape high? Say, for example stop combustion and switch to vaping for a period of time before reaping the full benefits of the vapour high? Previously I have switched to vape only for longer than a month.

Maybe its the clarity of the vape high that makes me feel its less potent...but then again, I love the clarity.

I am just trying to figure out why I feel the need to vape more often in contrast to when I combust only a tiny bit (0.15g lasts me 5 hours, even longer).

17. Vaporizer for me.
    Pro:
    . easy to set up and clean. No need to roll joints, or to clean dirty glass all the time.
    . doesn't smell. I don't need to open the window or feel I live in an ashtray.
    . it's healthier. I don't feel like I hurting my throat or lungs (i've never been a smoker)

Cons:
    . more difficult to carry around. I've never tried portable vape though.
    . can be a bit pricey, although not so much if you see it as a long term investment.
    . the taste runs out very fast (at least with my SSV). Could be solved with a better supply of weed.
    . no "smoking sensation". Not a cons for me, but many smokers enjoy the ash taste and the smoke!

18. [quote name='"Pheonix239"']Vaping is way better IMO also. I have a DBV and Pax and pretty much can't get stoned with combustion anymore. I also get a shitty cough from smoking now which isn't very attractive. I only smoke now when friends come over because some are still skeptical of vapes.[/quote]

Haha this.... For some reason at a friends house i feel weird being the only one vaping.... Feels excluded and pointless lol..... But i defiantly can't wait until after when i get to whip out the arizer solo

19. I'm getting to show one of my smoker friends my solo tonight :devious:. Gonna fry his brain so he never smokes again!

20. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']I'm getting to show one of my smoker friends my solo tonight :devious:. Gonna fry his brain so he never smokes again![/quote]

Let me know how it goes. Im gonna do the same tomorrow. I plan on 5 bowls to the dome of keif weed and oil out of the solo... Should Do the trick.