VaporGenie

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by DeathStarContractor, Jan 22, 2014.

1. #1 DeathStarContractor, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    Any of you guys have a VaporGenie? I have a ton of things to smoke out of but in order to save weed, cause less damage to my lungs and health as well as eliminating the odor (I know vaporizing doesn't eliminate it completely, but it lessens it), I am considering vaporizing.I don't want to spend $500 on a volcano or other high end product- maybe later on but not right now. I have looked at VaporGenie and it looks awesome...small and very reasonable price, but I can't help but think that this is low-end and I will just be wasting weed and/or the device will just break after a week or two of use. Anyone have one? Used one? Is it worth spending $50? Let me know what you think!Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 JWest, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    I highly recommend going with a Lotus instead. My brother and sister-in-law have a Vapor Genie, and it often burns herb. It also feels a bit cheap. I got a Lotus and it's fantastic. Very well-built, and it's a great vaping experience. And it vapes perfectly, doesn't burn at all. Plus the cap has a built in stir stick, which is kind of neat.

You don't need their whole "kit" by the way, just the pipe itself will do. As long as you have a single-flame butane torch you're good to go.

3. While I too like the Lotus better than the VG, the VG was my first vaporizer and with good technique, it works really well.   I never combusted herb in it.

4. I had a VG a couple of years ago and really liked it. I read about the technique etc for days before I actually started using it, so I almost never combusted even a bit. I got one for a friend a few months after I got mine, he obviously hadn't done the same research I had so as soon as he tried it he burnt the shit out of the ceramic filter, his weed was all charred/black like 10 seconds after his first go with it. 

I think it's worth it but make sure you read up on it beforehand, maybe even watch some youtube tutorials etc
    I found it very easy to maintain when I wasn't combusting in it. And I could get pretty nice clouds with it, I used my MFLB more than the VG but I almost never got visible vapor with the LB whereas with the VG I often blew out considerable clouds even after trying to hold it in. The first few times that happened I thought it must have been smoke despite not tasting like smoke at all. 

Main things I'd emphasize would be making sure to grind your herb thoroughly, have something to stir with after every hit or two otherwise you'll be more likely to eventually burn some (or just have it start tasting bad), if you have nothing to stir with I think you can just shake it around but I think stirring it would work better.

Read up on butane lighters and the hazards of using them with a VG too, I always just used a regular bic lighter but took a couple of precautions with it and never had any issues.