Vapor Genie

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by planet eclipse, Apr 13, 2009.

1. What do you guys think about it? Is it about the same efficiency as a regular vape?

2. Ive been thinking about getting one for the dorm room, but im worried about the learning curve and having smoke in my room. I dont really want to dish out 150 for a vaporbros though.

3. Yes, other than a Purple Days. The VG is a great vape with TONS of positive reviews here as well as at many other sites.

4. I just placed my order for one. Early bday/420 present to myself. :)

5. I found that it was definitely in the novelty pipe category because not worth the effort. Glass bats much easier and effective and healthiness about equal when all is said and done.

Also watch out because apparently VaporGenies are now made in China. You can tell they are bullshitting you when they have to break it down like this:

Dollar cost basis? That means China parts are super cheap. They have a whole section on their site about how a competitor makes a dangerous knockoff in China and they are safe and pay fair wages in the US... (doh!)

Bullshit from another greedy company.

B

6. almost all of the reviews ive read said it was the most efficient portable vape for the price.

7. #7 lwien, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    Man, Blake. You sure got a hair up your butt with VG. What gives? The VG was my first vape and I still use it to this day. Great product, from a great company. They ship when they say they will. Hell, they even send out free screens and pipe cleaners whenever you want them...........free, and they even pick up the postage.

99% of the reviews are positive. As a matter of fact, yours is about the only negative review that I have ever read.

Granted, there's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you have it down, you can get just as rich and thick vapor hits out of a VG than just about any vape on the market, and it's super efficient. For 50 bucks, it can't be beat.

I get a little better taste out of my Purple Days, but other than that, the VG is a great product from a company that provides great customer service.

I have no idea what your issue is with them, but obviously, there's something there.

Here's some lengthy threads with reviews:
    http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2

And if you do a search for VaporGenie on this site, you will also see tons of positive reviews.

8. I've had my vapor genie for about a year now, and it's by far the best investment I've made in terms of toking peripherals. It is very efficient as long as you use it correctly (the flame should hover over the cap with the tip dipping slightly in - the slower you breathe in, the more it heats up - take as big a hit as you can, you may not feel the vapor at the beginning).

The only downside I can think of would be that since it isn't kept at a constant rate of temperature, some of the marijuana's cannabinoids will melt off quicker than the others. What this means is that the first 2 hits will taste the best for sure, though there is absolutely more THC in the bud. The easiest way to tell when your weed is sufficiently vaped is to take the cap off & smell the weed. If it smells burnt, is light brown and kinda tastes like popcorn, it's definitely done. There is still a little thc in there though, so you can save it for an iso wash if you so choose. =P

Anyhow, I would absolutely recommend this product, just make sure to keep the flame from burning the ceramic in the cap.

9. It might not be as efficient as a volcano or silver surfer, but it definitely gets you high. The learning curve isn't too bad; I had nice blue vapor clouds after about three bowls. The bowls only hold about 2/3 of a typical bowl, but it's enough for eight to twelve good hits. After two bowls you'll be absolutely flying.
    If you're new to vaping, you have to have an open mind going into it. At first, after having hit bongs all the time, I was disappointed the first few times at first because it didn't punch me in the face like bongs did. It's more sneaky. You have no idea you're high until you realize your thoughts are going fucking crazy.
    Tastes so good. So good.:smoking:

10. Really? I always thought that I could get higher will less weed in the VG than an SSV or a 'Cano.

Tell ya one thing though. I can get high quicker with the SSV. More of a bong-type hit....