Vapor Genie worth getting?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by WeedChris, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Be seen some of these at head shop (can't remember which though) and was wondering if they actually work decently and are comparable to a normal vape. I looked online and the idea makes sense and they're under $50 I think. I've had a normal box vape that was cheap before and if it's anywhere near as good I'd buy it Has anyone ever owned or used one before ?
    Thanks

2. I personally would spend the extra $15 and get the mflb. I had a friend who had the vapor genie and he didn't like it

3. There's a learning curve for all vapes, and the Vapor Genie is no exception. Watch some videos on youtube if you decide to get one, you have to know how to hold the flame to the stone. But if you figure that out, it'll be a good, non-rechargeable vape that gets the job done. :D

4. forget the VG, shit is weak. seriously. that's not a real vape man. if you're going to get a portable pocket vape, get anything but the VG. if you're completely stuck on the idea of a VG, get the generic vapor bat instead because it's basically the same thing only it's even smaller and less expensive. not sure where you can find them, probably on amazon or ebay.

the idea behind those types of vaporizers is to use a perforated ceramic filter to prevent the heat from touching the herb. instead of burning it, it mixes with the ambient air as you draw through the piece with the flame held out in front. i was using a VG and i'm seriously really glad that i've replaced it with a pax.

all i'm really saying is get the vape that suits you. do your research and find the one that's right for what you need it to be. if you just need a cheap portable vape, vapor bat or mflb it is i guess. if you're looking for the best portable vape out there, it's between the thermovape t1 and the pax if you ask me.

5. [quote name='"Dahak"']I personally would spend the extra $15 and get the mflb. I had a friend who had the vapor genie and he didn't like it[/quote]

Don't forget the cost of all the lighters, they blow through them so fast.

6. dont get the vapor genie, its shit! its so hard to heat the stone and id be definately worried about inhaling all that butane just to get that damn stone to get hot enough for vaporizing. its a waste of money and time in my opinion

Magic Flight box is pretty good and its only a couple bucks more from the Vapor Genie and better quality and i think it looks better. the Pax is also hella nice, i personally havent it tried it but i'm thinking of buying it since i'm not really diggin my NO2 Vape..Or you should check out the Atmos Raw if you like to vaporizer oils, hard concentrates, or just regular herb cuz its the most versatile cuz you can vape all of that in one pen vape.

7. #7 monkeycake, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
    Neither the Vapor Genie nor the MFLB are good vaporizers.

I am bringing this up in every thread, but the Arizer Solo is actually the best quality portable vaporizer on the market, in terms of build quality, features, and vapor quality. It's EASILY worth the extra $50 over the MFLB, which is actually a very poor vaporizer compared to the Arizer Solo and desktop vapes.

The Pax's only advantages are it's size/shape, ease of use, and attractive appearance. It's ridiculously overpriced, however, considering reviewers admit the Solo has better build quality, battery life, and vapor quality.

8. [quote name='"monkeycake"']Neither the Vapor Genie nor the MFLB are good vaporizers.

I am bringing this up in every thread, but the Arizer Solo is actually the best quality portable vaporizer on the market, in terms of build quality, features, and vapor quality. It's EASILY worth the extra $50 over the MFLB, which is actually a very poor vaporizer compared to the Arizer Solo and desktop vapes.

The Pax's only advantages are it's size/shape, ease of use, and attractive appearance. It's ridiculously overpriced, however, considering reviewers admit the Solo has better build quality, battery life, and vapor quality.[/quote]

But the mflb is alot more stealthy and lifetime warrenty, i think you aren't looking at the whole picture.

9. #9 monkeycake, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    It is not good at producing vapor, therefore it's not a good vaporizer.
    Its redeeming qualities are its tiny size and stylishness.

10. [quote name='"monkeycake"']

It is not good at producing vapor, therefore it's not a good vaporizer.
    Its redeeming qualities are its tiny size and stylishness.[/quote]

It produces pretty good vapor for me not trying to be a dick or anything

11. #11 monkeycake, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    No way, you're not being a dick at all.
    The MFLB was my first vape, and I liked it before I tried a Solo. The MFLB has its place, but I like getting baked all day without worrying about batteries and the Solo is great for groups too. It's easier to use than a pipe.

12. It produces allright vapor, solo is ALOT better but it's nice to have MFLB for stealth (concert, fitness center, ect). The fact its a 1 time investment (lifetime warrenty) i would recommend everyone to pick one up if you need the stealth occasionaly.