Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

vapor for health

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by deeker, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Have COPD and bone density problems.Would A vaporizer help me:(

2. It can ease the hit to the lungs vs smoking mmj...I like the "Vapor Brothers" hands free but would have gone with a Volcano if I had the $.:smoke:

3. From Granny Storm Crow's list (linked below)- plus a couple new studies that will appear in my next update.

COPD

THC effective in appetite and weight loss in severe lung disease (COPD)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Heavy Long-Term Marijuana Use Does Not Impair Lung Function
    Erowid Cannabis Vault : Health Effects : Media

Researchers to test if cannabis ingredient can help COPD patients
    Researchers to test if cannabis ingredient can help COPD patients: The Hempire - [cannabis, hemp]

Heavy Habitual Marijuana Smoking Does Not Cause an Accelerated Decline in FEV with Age
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/MarjiuanaSmokingDoesNotCauseAcceleratedDeclineInFEV1.pdf

Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk (this one is better than it sounds)
    http://www.webmd.com/news/20090413/smoking-pot-cigarettes-ups-copd-risk

Does smoking marijuana increase the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
    Does smoking marijuana increase the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?

OSTEOPOROSIS/ BONES

Prototype drug to prevent osteoporosis based on cannabinoids
    Scientists develop prototype drug to prevent osteoporosis based on cannabinoids produced by body

Hebrew U. Researchers Find Cannabis Can Strengthen Bones
    Hebrew U. Researchers Find Cannabis Can Strengthen Bones - Good News - Israel News - Israel National News

Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone mass
    Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone mass â€â€ PNAS

New Weapon In Battle Against Osteoporosis

Activation of CB2 receptor attenuates bone loss in osteoporosis

Cannabis-like compound prevents bone loss
    Cannabis-like compound prevents bone loss: The Hempire - [cannabis, uk]

The cannabinoid CB1 receptor regulates bone formation by modulating adrenergic signaling
    The cannabinoid CB1 receptor regulates bone formation by modulating adrenergic signaling.

Cannabidiol decreases bone resorption by inhibiting RANK/RANKL expression and pro-inflammatory cytokines during experimental periodontitis in rats.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Cannabidiol decreases bone resorption by inhibiting RANK/RANKL expression and pro-inflammatory cytokines during experimental periodontitis in rats. Journal article abstract

Cannabinoids and the skeleton: From marijuana to reversal of bone loss.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Cannabinoids and the skeleton: From marijuana to reversal of bone loss. Journal article abstract

Cannabis may prevent osteoporosis
    BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Cannabis may prevent osteoporosis

Role of cannabinoid receptors in bone disorders: alternatives for treatment
    Role of cannabinoid receptors in bone disorders: a... [Drug News Perspect. 2008] - PubMed result

So I guess that qualifies as a "YES" to your question. :hello:

There is also a section on vaporizers (I also have a VB- and love it!) listed under "Methods of use- Vaporizers". It details the health benefits of using a vaporizer. MUCH easier on the lungs than smoking!

When you finish with those studies, take a peek at my list to get a better idea of just what a wonderful thing cannabis is!

Granny :wave:

4. :cool:Bad lungs bad health. How good do these vaporizer units work? Need feedback.Thanks

5. Hey. I may have already told this story but was listening to an MD on a radio show the other night. His name is Denna Dell (maybe Dale) at any rate he's famous and reliable. Person called in with COPD and asked the same question about MJ and COPD. The Doc said MJ is very good for the condition because its a powerful anti inflammatory agent. As you mentioned he said dont smoke it..vaporize it. Buy yourself a "Magic Flight Launch Box." Less than a hundred bucks and about the size of a box of matches. Works on AA Flashlight batters. Lifetime guarantee. I would give up mine but somebody have to come kill me to take it:) Yes..it do work and it works well. Plan on buying a few more batteries and a 15 Min. Engergizer charger. 30 bucks for the charger and 4 extra batteries. It comes with 2 to start with, so that give you a total of six which is plenty. Whole battery package at Wally World. The rule books says dont buy nothing from Radio Shack. Best of fortunes to you and hope this helps. I will keep you on my prayer list for the health issues. :smoke:

Goober

6. dr dean edell ;)

7. These studies concerning bone density are helpful in determining that cannabis can have positive effects on bone density however they don't deal with the METHOD of cannabis intake.

Smoking anything regardless of whether it is beneficial or not in regard to bone density will result in poor bone density. Smoking reduces bone density period.

I've not found anything however on the effects of vaping and bone density, and I assume eating cannabis will result in improved bone density?

Would appreciate some clarification here. I currently have a broken hip as a result of a bike crash with a car. I can't return to my vaporizer until I have proof that it won't have a negative affect on bone density. while enjoying a tolerance break I am looking forward to loading my vape again but I can't afford to if it means I'm weakening my bones or hampering my recovery.
    Looking for help. thanks

QUOTE="Storm Crow, post: 6307830, member: 105249"]From Granny Storm Crow's list (linked below)- plus a couple new studies that will appear in my next update.

OSTEOPOROSIS/ BONES

Prototype drug to prevent osteoporosis based on cannabinoids
    Scientists develop prototype drug to prevent osteoporosis based on cannabinoids produced by body

Hebrew U. Researchers Find Cannabis Can Strengthen Bones
    Hebrew U. Researchers Find Cannabis Can Strengthen Bones - Good News - Israel News - Israel National News

Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone mass
    Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone mass â€â€ PNAS

Activation of CB2 receptor attenuates bone loss in osteoporosis

Cannabis-like compound prevents bone loss
    Cannabis-like compound prevents bone loss: The Hempire - [cannabis, uk]

The cannabinoid CB1 receptor regulates bone formation by modulating adrenergic signaling
    The cannabinoid CB1 receptor regulates bone formation by modulating adrenergic signaling.

Cannabidiol decreases bone resorption by inhibiting RANK/RANKL expression and pro-inflammatory cytokines during experimental periodontitis in rats.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Cannabidiol decreases bone resorption by inhibiting RANK/RANKL expression and pro-inflammatory cytokines during experimental periodontitis in rats. Journal article abstract

Cannabinoids and the skeleton: From marijuana to reversal of bone loss.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Cannabinoids and the skeleton: From marijuana to reversal of bone loss. Journal article abstract

Cannabis may prevent osteoporosis
    BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Cannabis may prevent osteoporosis

Role of cannabinoid receptors in bone disorders: alternatives for treatment
    Role of cannabinoid receptors in bone disorders: a... [Drug News Perspect. 2008] - PubMed result

So I guess that qualifies as a "YES" to your question. :hello:

There is also a section on vaporizers (I also have a VB- and love it!) listed under "Methods of use- Vaporizers". It details the health benefits of using a vaporizer. MUCH easier on the lungs than smoking!

When you finish with those studies, take a peek at my list to get a better idea of just what a wonderful thing cannabis is!

Granny :wave:[/QUOTE]