Vaping Smells A Lot

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by doubts, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys thanks for the debate, I really enjoyed reading this.

I'm still sticking to my philosophy that vaping inside is a bad idea unless you don't have anything to hide...

Anyone have an opinion on how much the solo compares to pax/mflb etc in the smell catagory. I don't think anyone has brought the solo up yet and I hear that is a pretty quality vape.

2. I have a solo and vape inside my parents house all the time with no problems, there is a little smell from the vapour but it's so light and lasts such a short amount of time I don't even think it exits my room, I use my solo when my parents are in the next room often.

3. #43 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    Keyword: Pax

I don't remember the last time, I had to clean out my MFLB. I'll brush it out after a trench, but that's it. My HI (log vape) never been cleaned. Ditto on the Vabor Brothers HF. I had a VaporGenie Bat for a while. Same. Never cleaned it.

With vapes, cure and grind are really important. Especially (EDIT) cure. Most herb you get, is cured for combustion, not vapor. Vapor you want it to have a little crunch to it (especially with the smaller vapes, that hold small quanities in little bowls/trenches/etc).

Smell? High temp vaping wil obviously produce more odor than low. No one ever claimed its odorless. My wife, puts an end to that myth. But, yeah... if I drop the temp down, take smaller hits, whatever... it smells less. That extra moisture, will also add a bouquet of its own, as it turns to steam. Your herb doesn't brown as even either and might result in small portions combusting.

Finally, I also try to keep the air circulating, moreso... in whatever room I'm in.

4. #44 ybt_sun, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    Wow, all these conflicting posts are inconclusive. I always thought the method of smoking, covering bowl with towel to stop lingering fumes, breathing into 16-layered egyptian cotton towel, fan on, temperature cold, and febreeze/concentrated scent did the trick. Now I don't know.

5. The secret to the Pax is you gotta keep that bitch clean or you do get a smell. Sent from my SGH-T989D using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #46 Frank_S, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    <sup>Sounds like you have some good weed. Look into a short water cure maybe. You would loose flavor and smell. To me it was like smoking one of the ultra light smokes compared to a full flavor one for taste. I like the pax but I am very glad its not my only vape. </sup>
    <sup>Also If you have your own dorm room or a room mate that smokes a good strong pot of coffee and a microwave bag of popcorn will do wonders for hiding the smell from others. </sup>
    <sup><span style="font-size:24px;"> </sup></span>

7. If I were in your shoes I would use an old jelly jar to put your vape in at the dorm. If my pax is in my pocket I can smell it if it needs cleaned. This can be trouble if someone knows the oil smell. So I found a small zippered pouch at the dollar tree that it fits in perfect with two of the pill containers that go on your key chain one for pre ground herb and one for the spent herb. I also keep a few alcohol cleaning pads in it for a quick wipe down of mouth piece stem if it starts to act up.  Normal smells that are strong can mask the grinding and vaping. A good body spray is also overpowering in the small dorm rooms and not thought of as a smell covering agent.  Heavy sprays and incense is the same as saying I am toking weed but I will be nice and make cover it up. A small air purifier could also help carbon filters are great. I think I paid under 50 for ours and it also has an ionizer.  It wont take long to find other people doing the same thing unless collage changed that much in 20 years.

I have DBV and I was wondering..I hold in my hits for a long time, and they are big hits, but I still blow out big clouds of vape. I know I can't hold it in any longer, should I vape on a lower temp or take smaller hits? Since you said that some was wasted if you blow out a big cloud.

9. I have three vapes. With all three I take small hits at low temp slowly raising the temp with a good stir or two half way in.  

10. I have vaped in situations where if the smell had lingered more than 15 minutes I would have been in deep shit... I never make efforts to cover the smell after using my DBV because it is always gone in such a short amount of time. Even while it lasts, the smell is absolutely nothing like smoking. 

I hate to make statements like this, and this is not just directed at OP, but imo if it smells "a lot":
    1) User error
    2) Cheap vape

11. Dude -

Please tell more about the zippered pouch at Dollar Tree, and especially about the pill containers that go on your key chain."  Nothing worse than a key chain pill container that either opens up unannounced, or gets caught on a drawer knob and disappears.  Your incense-substitute comments are helpful and border on brilliant.  As far as a cleaner, you can get a tiny 15 ml (1/2 fl. oz.) HDPE bottle of "hand sanitizer" (which is 55-70% gelled ethanol), and use toilet paper to clean your paraphernalia.

If you fish at all (or, hell, even if you don't), a small tackle box with hooks and flies (and other shit that will injure a clumsy investigator) is a decent place for one or two watertight plastic containers (with an airpillow, and a baggie of your choice) to keep a stash.  Just don't label the box with something dumb, like "420."

Time to share a bowl.

- rastadoc  :cool: 

Toking is something that should not be too effing complicated.

But of course what's going to happen (eventually), is it's gonna get easy and legal.  Then all us will be old farts and we're gonna bitch about "the good ol' days, and bore the shit outta our grandkids with the freaking WORK that used to be involved in getting safely high.

When hospice comes to take care of me, I'll be like begging "just let me live long enough to toke with my granddaughter.

- rastadoc

It's NOT just the secret to the Pax, dude.

You gotta always try to keep your bitch clean.

Then everything's cool.

- rastadoc

14. I think it was a small camera case. it is kind of hard but not like plastic just firm and it is a bout the size of a pack of smokes. Just long enough to put the pax in and the two pill cases fit in side by side. I use the metal ones with the o ring. as long as the o ring is compressed they don't open. If you go into a dollar tree with the idea of shopping for cannabis related items you can find a lot of useful stuff. I was told by someone that uses the potpourri attachment on his extreme q but uses coffee instead. He said he likes the smell better and he thinks it covers the smell better. As far as charging it a plastic cookie jar oe something that can have a hole drilled into it to feed the cord through or a metal cookie tin or old school lunch box. Something that don't look out of place and would be let alone. LOL I just thought of the #1 stash spot. Buy an Urn Nobody will look in that.

JEEZUS man -

You are freaking INSPIRED.  Are you perchance a guru?

A freaking URN on your mantle, with your precious shit in an airtight container of whatever size, and fill the effing urn with powdery white sand (or human remains if you have some handy)!  LOL.

The goddamm brilliance on this forum is astounding.  It's like being a Rhodes Scholar at Cambridge or wherever they go.  Thanks.

- rastadoc

16. Vaping may smell, but it's not a typical weed smell. It's more of just an odd scent that lingers a little. Only pot smokers would really know that the vape smell is weed. To anybody else it's just a weird smell.

A lot of people ask, "who shit their pants?" when I use my pax.

18. Ha ha yeah it does smell a bit "pants shitty" at times.

19. Damn that blue writing is hella annoying haha

20. I vape in public with my puffit, and no one has ever noticed the smell. I only clean it maybe once a month. In enclosed areas it smells sometimes but it definitely doesn't stick around for an hour, maybe ten minutes tops.Sent from my LG-P769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app