Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaping / lungs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JoeObey, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Is vapor on the lungs at all bad, if so, how bad is it compared to smoking? I recently started vaping and i've not once felt the urge to cough ever, i knew it was good, but i mean is there pretty much NO lung health risks at all?

2. Vaping does absolutely no damage to the lungs. The reason you never feel like coughing is because coughing comes from the smoke (which blocks the alveoli in your lungs). When you vape, you're inhaling THC and Oxygen.

3. I forget why right now but they say vaping is good for the lung....like you should do it even if you don't want to get high

but I have coughed a bit when vaping (you still get a tickle or urge) but send it thru a bong first and your golden

4. with fat vapor rips you will definitely cough, not due to damage though due to the thc "tickling" your throat.

5. I asked my doctor this and he said almost the exact same thing as coachz

6. So true. I try to take small hits but its still milky and makes me cough. Smoking master kush 19.4% thc. I thought I was doing it wrong, but guess its normal

7. I love vapor, it is so smooth

8. ^^This. I cough harder when I vape than I do when I smoke. It's the hard coughing that makes vaping so unpleasant for me. I guess I just prefer smoking overall.

9. Yeah I also cough when I vape as well. More than smoking actually.

10. #10 CDub 2 Trill, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    I love you people that candle handle your vapor.
    Pussies

Name-Calling is not allowed here. - KSR

11. Someone get this dummy out of here.

12. I was told you'd cough like a bitch if you ripped a vape, I didn't everyone else in the room was. I honestly don't like vaping that much, the high is mehh, I don't like it. Plus I love the physical act of smoking. :smoke:

13. Don't engage him in his rude behavior. Just report him.

14. You ONLY say that because you didnt vape for like 3 days you have to adjust to the high.
    If you are gonna do something, do it right?

15. Yeah, vaping is essentially funneling hot oxygen and pure THC into your lungs. Essentially. What many people fail to note is that, more often than not, there is plant matter that comes along with it, although the amount is negligible. But yeah, vaping's the best.

Source:
    http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/jcantgieringervapor.pdf

16. Yes THC is a lung irritant. But a very pleasant lung irritant :smoke:

17. THC isn't the only thing you're vaporizing. Don't forget all the other cannabinoids! They just have a slightly higher vaporization point. Once you find the sweet spot on your vape, you can get all of that delicious goodness in you.

18. The only time vaporization makes me cough is when I turn it up to high and the vapor is just to hot. Other than that no issues whatsoever.

19. #19 silenceme, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
    Vaping is actually harsher for me.... yeah I said it. Well at least using the whip system.

Unless i take whimpy hits, whips make me cough HARD and it's a really deep cough that's pretty uncomfortable. But the weed tastes amazing :D

I think the only health risk with vaporizers is possibly getting amonia. Which IMO is pretty bad but it's also pretty rare.

It's weird but I NEVER cough from smoking... when I was a newbie smoker I did, but now it's actually really really rare for me to cough from smoking unless I try and rip a bowl in one hit or something

20. Did you mean 'pneumonia'? I don't think you can get pneumonia from vaping.