Vapes and lead poisoning??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Omshanti365, Nov 25, 2013.

1. I recently purchased a Vapomax I dry herb vaporizer, used, and have used it several times since. However, I became aware shortly thereafter that these were knock-offs of the Atmos Raw, and were made in China. Does anyone have a credible resource that can attest to the safety of these things?

2. Well, you could start by pointing out how you 'became aware' that they were harmful to your health.

Further, you should've done the research BEFORE purchasing anything, especially a vape.  Before I bought my first vape, I researched for weeks, because nothing sucks more than getting something you don't want, especially something that could be harmful to your health.  Typically in the vaporizer world (not always) the rule of thumb applies where if it's too cheap to be true, well then it probably is. 

If you haven't already, I suggest to stop using it until you are certain that it won't pose a threat to your health.

Good luck. 

3. @[member="DriftingApart"] Oh yeah, It was a real dumbass move on my part. I looked up VaporX, which has a seeminly respectable site, instead of Vapormax, which has no website whatsoever. I'm not suggesting that I made a good decision by any strech of the imagination. And I have stopped using it 100%. And several literally means 3 times. In the past 2 days. So I think I'm not as fucked as I would have been had I kept using the damn thing.

4. #4 Omshanti365, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    Recently purchased a Pax: Best  $245 I've ever spent.

5. #5 Crawfordthedank, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014

That son of a bitch burns my lips and makes me look like a crackhead. They need some sort of mouth piece attachment for when your trying to get blazed out. 

6. I've noticed some slight burning when I get to the end of my session. You can get a Pax to bong attatchment online, but given the fact that the vapor is light, I don't know how it'd preform. Have you tried vaping on a lower heat setting?

7. #7 Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    you should really look into          Vapor Brothers - natural ceramic heating element (zero flavor disruption)- no metal componets around heating element - glass on glass connections/bowl/no metal screens- super sturdy finished wood casing...made in USA

probably the most copied vape in existance-  soooo  many FAKE knockoffs out there- not even close to quality of VaporBrothers

super safe and zero toxins produced, nor possibly toxic components, tested, certified safe.

p.s.   there are also bong 14 and 18mm adaptors for your whip---vapor through a big ol bong is soooo good. mmm :)
    so you can still rip your pieces, or use the whip.