Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vape Whip Resin Extraction?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Benito, Oct 1, 2008.

1. I figure since a vape mainly only releases thc/cannaboids, the brownish green goop in my Vapor Bro's whip must be a decent free smoke. Can you extract it by soaking the whip in alcohol and then letting the alcohol evaporate? My only 2 concerns are: 1.) will alcohol dry out and damage the whip itself? and 2.) Will the alcohol evaporate completely if given enough time?

2. im also interested in this. i have tons of stuff in my vaporizers tube that i want to get at.

im subscribed...benito, rep+ for showing love for Opeth:metal:

3. if your whip is made of any kind of polymer i believe alcohol of appropriate grade for extraction will deteriorate it for sure. its like gasoline you need special lines.

4. so if the whips glass, then all i need to do is get %99iso and make some hash goo?

5. yeah 100% man, make sure the only ingredient other then alc is water

6. Oh yay! My vape whip has all kinds of nasty looking yummy stuff. I'll definitely give this a try.

7. I have a vap bros and heres how i clean mine, I use a bamboo skewer stick and take the back end and just scrape all the reisin out, it doesnt scratch it and (dont quote me on this ) but there must be some oil or something in the wood because none of the reisin gets stuck in the tip then i just take an exacto knife and scrape it on to a peice of tinfoil, sometimes i add the keif from my grinder too it too.

8. Yeah I just save up the wand hash until I'm dry for a little and then I scrape mine out and just vape it right there (no waiting) my exacto knife works very well scraping it and I get enough to get me baked for at least one time. Idk if alchohol is such a good idea because how would it get all that extremely caked on stuff off? it seems like it must be scraped or the alchohol would have to be left there for an exraordinary amount of time that is past its evaporation time (24 hours), never tried alchohol but I just don't think its necessary or necessarily any more effective then just scraping (and on top of that its slower)

9. #9 Lebowski, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
    Make sure you hit the whip on a hot vape a few times right before you do it. Getting the resin warm will make it dissolve much quicker, and its also way easier to scrape warm if you're doing it that way.

I'm scraping mine, I dont believe in alcohol's evaporating properties enough to believe my collected goo will be 100% clean.

Btw, an ant crawled all the way up to the bowl inside my whip, died and is now getting crystallized with goo. I'm obviously going to pick him out but he looks funny, ill try to snap a photo.

edit- this ant must have died high as hell:
    [​IMG]

10. Haha, dude thats awesome, I want to see this picture.. At least the ant died high :D

11. lol I didnt yet see your post and said that he died high as well :smoke:

bump, posted the pic

12. HAHA! Its like jurassic park...except instead of sap, its vape resin!

13. I dont use a whip, i use bags on the volcano, but most of the parts get coated in this brown almost amber resin, that is not all that sticky, So a while ago i was thinking the same thing and scraped everything off the screen, filling chamber, and the screen that goes on top of the filling chamber, anyways this shit tasted like pure heaven, and got me incredibly high.

I was shocked at first, then i started thinking about the low temps i run bags on, and how really only thc is being released, so wouldnt that mean the resin is pretty much pure thc????
    I think so but i could be wrong, every couple months ill get a lil ball, and i smoke it just like hash, on top of a bowl in my spoon.:D

14. THC is not the only thing that evaporates at that temperature.

THC boils (evaporates) at around 300-450F, and the other cannabinoids are around that range, variably.
    Although I can't name them, i'm pretty sure there are many other compounds in the plant that evaporate at the same or lower temperature. The compounds that make up the taste of the bud will evaporate before thc, and the compounds of smell are evaporating at room temperature (smell very cold weed- pretty much nothing). Water goes at 212F, the clorophyll must go because the bud turns tan/brown.
    And theres probably a bunch I dont know about. (remember the attack ads saying "theres 600 chemicals in marijuana omgz!" well thats true, but chemicals are everything and not always bad)

The vape goo is still a very pure extract. I tried it last a long time ago, but I remember it being pretty much like really great hash, with an even smoother flavor. Its going to be 95% free of tar and combustion byproducts.

15. I scrape the buildup off my volcano bowl and roll it up into a ball, smokes nice and def gets me high.

16. k i did the iso alcho .. its boutta be completly evaporated .. is it supposed to be a bit sticky?

17. I dont think we came to the conclusion if the alcohol will evaporate completely. be careful smoking that.

18. why wouldnt iso evap completley what about qwiso hash

19. true. I don't know, something still sketches me out about it.

20. #20 SirLord, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
    Isopropanol of any concentration will evaporate, assuming the only adulterants are water and denaturing agents. If you're worried, add a few mL to a watch glass, allow it to evaporate, and look for a residue (there should not be one).
    Isopropanol also reacts with rubber (dissolving it) and many plastics--so be careful if you run it through your vape whip. I would suggest testing it on a small part of the whip for a few hours and seeing if there is any damage or increase of the diameter of the tubing. If there isint, then you're set. Fill the tubing with Isopropyl Alcohol (91% or greater) and warm it under hot water until the alcohol is saturated with analyte. Repeat alcohol extraction as many times as nessassary and let the alcohol evaporate. Keep it away from flame!