Vape wattage coil question

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by boydamien, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Ok peep's hope i can explain this properly.
    I have quit the fags 4 year now. But have vaped since then love my vaping. Mix my own juice etc.

I have an eleaf ipower 80w mod and a cool fire 4 . Its a 40w genuine mods.

I buy kanger coils for my mega tank 1ohm to 1.5ohm
    My joytech tank .5 ohm.
    Anyway no matter what is do if it go above 15watt it burns below that it's fine enjoy the taste and a decent cloud. However i keep hearing about best wattage 30 w etc i feel like in missing out on big clouds why have mods at 40 and 80 if you can't go above 15 lol
    I know nothing about variable wattage temp control i have tried watching vids reading about it but it just goes over my head. Even thought about buying another mod but tbh the ones i have work might not be latest ones but do the job.

Guess in asking if someone can explain it in simple terms or tell me in maybe doing something wrong.
    Hope this post is understandable and not just endless drivvle lol

2. Hi ya,

Not entirely sure what you're asking but I'll try to answer :)

When vaping the coil and main unit are key. Coils are measure in ohms. The lower the ohms bigger the cloud.

I've used pens at 25w all the way to my current 250w mod. As you say it will do the job at a lower wattage but clouds will be less impressive.

All coils are made from different metals in an attempt to achieve different results. All can be used for wattage control. As long as your main unit has temp control capability the coils used for that are Nickel (NI) and Titanium (TI) specific. (I know the coolfire V2 has temp control not sure on the first model)

I personally don't rate the temp control, it's nice and works but as a self confessed cloud chaser I prefer to control my wattage and enjoy the clouds lol.

If you're getting a burn over 15w, the coil is either on the way out, gunked up or not prepped properly and you possibly burnt them out on install. When you swap out a coil and are good to go, drip your liquid onto the coil becore fitting, until it cant absorb anymore liquid approx 15 drops. Then fit the coil and vape at 15w for a few mins, up it to 20w slowly increasing with every pull, allow the coil to warm up (don't overcook it and rush the process) and cool a little between pulls). Be mindful whilst Kangertech make flavourful coils/atomisers they are designed to be used at the lower wattage (20 - 50w on the side of the coil it will read the sweetspot)

I'd personally invest in a new tank, you can get good RBA's (rebuildable atomiser) allows you to make your own coils (cheaper and much bigger clouds plus can be fun) or just get a smok tank lol I've used soooooo many tanks and the smok v12 prince still has very impressive clouds whilst still maintaining flavour (often lost as wattage is increased, when using other tanks/coils).

You mentioned you had a coolfire (not had an eleaf so can't comment. The coolfire will give good clouds at decent wattage). Just prep coils first and maybe change your tank.

Hope it was of some help, if I've missed your point let me know and I'll try and answer lol

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. heard most carts can handle 3.7v or so. But people recommend lower voltages like 2.4v~3.0v if possible. So who knows? Lower voltages = more flavour, less cloud. Makes it safer for the cart not to burn out on you.

4. Could it be possible its broken over time, maybe its time for new device like you said ? Although i would say if you looking for big clouds stay away from the 1 and 1.5 ohm coils they will just get too hot.

5. go lower than 1ohm.