Valerian Root

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RollinBallz, Nov 4, 2009.

1. i just bought 430 mg of valerian root calming blend today. i weight 120 pounds and i just took 1 capsule. i took it an hour ago and i still dont feel anything...how much am i suppose to take to feel the mild tranquilizing effects?

2. i started taking a herb supplement. valerian root, passion flower , and hps. to help me sleep

i took 3 last night around around 2am went to sleep between 4 and 5, woke up about at about 4 pm., took 4 more about 430. ate some bagels. chilled tried to sleep.. no sleep took equate sleek aid pills around between 6 and 8 watch tv truy to crash. no sleep. now time after 9pm get foodj watch tv try to crash, no much luck but the herbs and aid pills are messing wiht my senses.

ate food, mashed potatos chilled for a bit. ate ambien now its 10 to 11pm trying to go sleep and wake up tomorrow with a normal sleepiin schedule

3. damn but im taking it for anxiety, not for sleeping. did it relive ur anxiety?

4. i never tried it for anxiety. might have to, if i feel less anxious about stuff then maybe itl help me sleep

5. I take valerian root for anxiety. I take the 500mg capsules. For me, I need to take 4-5 pills (2-2.5g's). It takes about 45 minutes to kick in. It's no benzo but dose provide a noticeable calming effect.

As far as sleep goes, I find it kind of lacking. It doesn't really help me sleep, beyond calming my mind, and in some cases has even produced strong nightmares.

Read up on limits to taking vaerian root. I'm fairly sure taking too much is bad for you liver.

6. Get some melatonin. That shit put me out one time about 5-6 hours after doing a couple lines of meth. Pretty potent, plus it's actually healthy as long as you don't do it on the regular.

7. I take 9 mg of melatonin every night and Im out in like an hour.

8. Yeah Valerian root makes me drowsy in the morning but melatonin puts me to sleep and i wake up ready,