Vacuum sealing/storing harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Toke"N"Chill, Jul 13, 2006.

1. OK, I am moving soon and my harvest will probably not be totally dry before I have to go. I was wondering if anyone has ever vacuum sealed/packed their weed. In theory, because all of the air is sucked out of the bag the weed should not be subject to mold or rotting. In case you are wondering, I am moving about 1200 miles and I do not want to drive that far with my stinky drying weed in my car. I was thinking I would vacuum pack it and sneak it in my household goods that are being moved by the pros. I have to plan for the stash to be in a box for about two weeks to be safe. Hopefully, my belongings will get delivered to my new house in about 5 days, but I cannot rely on that. Anyway, just a thought and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience in vacuum sealing pot before it is totally dry. As always, thanks in advance for any advice or lessons learned anyone cares to share.

2. i ahve vaccumed sealed many pounds before and put them in a freezer for storage perposes and months later gotten them out or put them in mason jars

3. Careful man.. The vaccuum sealer thing we got would fucking destroy bud. Maybe if you had one that was less powerful...:smoking:

4. dude i recenltly moved about 1000 miles and i took 2 ounces with me i put them in the middle of a box in a ziplock bag and taped the box up the moving truck took 4 days to come there was no problem you should not air seal it johnsy is correct

5. Your buds would end up squashed and compact... and thats exactly how I DONT like my weed.

6. Although i didn't mind chopping these rock solid buds i got ages ago... It'd be harder to sell thats for sure.

7. OK, thanks for the input. I just harvested 2 plants and have a bit over 4 ounces to transport. I am just a little paranoid about driving that far with that amount of weed. I do not sell anything. What I grow is for my personal stash. I drive a Corvette and it is a bit of cop magnet if you know what I mean. Some cops see my car and seem to assume that I have been speeding or up to no good. Anyway, I don't want to chance getting pulled over by a highway cop with a drug sniffing K9 that alerts on my car and I go down for possession with the intent to distribute because of the large amount of weed. Thanks again for the input.

8. not to mention trafficing:)

9. my two cents. 1 do not EVER vacume seal MJ think about how much of the crystals are going to end up staying on the bag. 2 if you don't drive like a jerk and you stay calm if you get pulled over and not give the cop a reason to be checking your shit out then you should have no problem with traveling with it. know your rights man. lock it up.

10. I am not trying to be overly paranoid, but I don't take any chances that I have not calculated the risks and done everything I can do to prevent problems. Thanks for the input...

11. As long as you didn't vauum seal it in just a bag, youd be fine. I mean, Idk what your working with, my friend has this vacuum seal kit that comes with these jars that have special lids on them with valves. If you dont have that, you could put the bud in jars, without putting the lid on, then put the jars in the bags and vacuum seal that. This way, the jars will provide a protective frame around the bud and you'll have vacuum packed weed that isnt crushed. Although, in a real mason jar, the ones with rubber rims that have metal clamps (people around here like to call any empty glass jar a mason jar) I don't think you would have to worry about smell.

12. Just can it like fruit. heat up your mason jars and while they are warm put in the pot and tighten the lid. When it cools there will be a vacum seal. its worked for more than a hundred years. worth a try I think.

13. well here if yo uwant something smell proof one time while i was buying shit to get it passed drug dogs of course i was buying commerical weed which is regs or regular weed not very strong at all full of seeds blah blah it comes compressed times 20 into a small brick rapped in sellafame type material and then taped with some kind of odd tape then another celafame and then a layer of patrolium jelly and then another one of celafame and then black electrical tape youll be fine dogs will never smell that but depnds on how compressed and fucked up you want you weed

14. [quote name='Toke"N"Chill']OK, thanks for the input. I just harvested 2 plants and have a bit over 4 ounces to transport. I am just a little paranoid about driving that far with that amount of weed. I do not sell anything. What I grow is for my personal stash. I drive a Corvette and it is a bit of cop magnet if you know what I mean. Some cops see my car and seem to assume that I have been speeding or up to no good. Anyway, I don't want to chance getting pulled over by a highway cop with a drug sniffing K9 that alerts on my car and I go down for possession with the intent to distribute because of the large amount of weed. Thanks again for the input.[/quote]

You can line mason jars with melted wax... it really keeps in the smell. Or hollow out long and slender candels and pack your stash in there. Fcuk teh k9

15. thanks a lot for that idea. I will be driving 500+ miles soon and i have jars already and that idea can only help.

Now my friend has a vacume sealer, do you think i should also vacume seal the jars or just have faith in the jars keeping me out of jail.

16. dude I vac my shit and freeze it and as long as you follow this simple proc your buds dont get all smushed. Place the bud in a reg baggie(I use sandwich bags not zip) then place bag inside vac bag and vac on low. Presto no smell, at least not that a human can smell.

17. If you filled up a 1 gal ziplock bag (without vacuum sealing it) with buds, just so they were packed pretty tight, and then zipped it up, wouldn't that have almost the effect of vacuum-sealing it? Because there wouldn't be much empty space left in the bag, so there wouldn't be much air. I *do* realize that only a little bit may be enough to make it go bad, but how long could something like that last? What options for long-term storage are there for those of us who a) Don't want to crush their buds, and b) Can't really keep it in the freezer.

Would glass jars be better?

18. Interesting... but how do you "warm up" a mason jar.... just put it face down over a stove flame I guess?

19. I'd say heat it in boiling water. Using a flame could cause the glass to shatter and leave black char on the outside of it.

20. vacuum sealing your fresh harvest will turn it into beasters basically..

you will have some hella dense kinda moist buds..nah mean?

ionno, but if i were you i would at least dry the buds before sealing em, that way they might get dense but not moldy or some bad shit.