V.H.O. by Advanced Nutrients..i love it...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mr.Tangent, Oct 29, 2008.

1. VHO (very high output) FOLIAR spray ONLY for Mother plant and vegitative growth accelerator.....
    it is used to speed up plant growth and increase NEW shoots(clones)....

I've used it for 2days now and its great...my blueberry clones love it........along with all the others......
    I noticed when i first started growing; when you water a plant the fan leaves PERKS up shortly anfter the watering......when you spray this on shrtly after it is absorb by the fan leaves they NOT only PERK up. They point STRAIGHT up to the light....super weird...but so far so good......

2. Thanks for the good review on VHO.
    Ive been thinking about getting some for my mothers but didnt know much about it and how it worked or if it was good. You basically answered my questions and it sounds really good.
    +rep

3. the new growth has come in quite fast.....

4. Heck yeah!

This stuff is awesome!

5. #5 Mr.Tangent, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
    Glad this post it still going...
    I have been spraying for just under 2weeks now....I used it under 8, 4' T12 Flouro tubes. and the plants loved it......Recently put them under my 1000w MH and i may have turned it on a little early the first day, thus curling a few leaves( only my blueberries) I made sure since then, the vho and water is completely dry on the fan leaves before kicking on my 1000w MH..
    In my own opinion...I believe that the VHO works better in CFL because they run cooler than hps/mh and you can keep CFL ON while spraying VHO..i think keeping the lower intensity lights, such as cfl ON while spraying FURTHER helps in the photosynthysis while the VHO is being absorbed by the plant. And with the HPS/MH you must spray and then turn the light off til the VHO is Fully absorbed...But that, I THINK, is the problem the lights are OFF while its being absorded while the CFL you can keep the lights ON as it absorbs..............

TaDaaaa...

6. I use VHO on my mothers and seedlings. It's amazing. I made a serious error with it at first that almost ruined my crop. Mixed way toooo much, and it almost roasted all the leaves, but they bounced back great. The only issue I have found with it is that you really need a wetting agent. Atleast with my plants, sometimes it builds up on the tips and edges and burns them from time to time, but I figured out a good way to take care of it. I spray them and then I wait a little, then I come back and douse them in water to make sure it's off. I also am using CFL's on my veg room so I usually leave one on while they absorb. It's amazing stuff though, I LOVE it. It makes so much just...vegetation. I highly reccomend it.

7. ya, i definetely perfer using it with CFls instead of hids. and i did the same thing with mine , had like 1100PPM...burn the shit outta my leaves......i dont normally go over 600ppm now.

8. Yeah it sucked :( Do you run into any slight burning problems on tips if it doesn't drain properly? I have clones that I planted a few days ago and I'm wondering when I should start spraying. I don't want to start too soon, but I want to kick them into flowering fairly so I want to get them as spread out as I can.

9. i have 34 purple kush clones and i have been spraying them since i put them in beer cups 2weeks ago. they were 2inches when i got them, there 5 to 6 now. majority have 7nodes or MORE. never burned these ladies, just my blueberry moms
    id spray asap, less is better to start....

10. Ah ok that makes me feel better man, thanks. I'm just so worried to ruin them after the first fuck up. They are going to be my next crop and i'd hate to slow them down, but i'd love to speed them up :)

11. i hear ya man , i got some blue cheese and atomic haze seeds, prolly 10 inches....i've been spraying everyday just hoping that one morning i'll go out there and they will be 4ft tall ................lol.....

when i did start spraying the first time i put it 300ppm over my tap water ppm......no burning....then they say to jump 300ppm every 4 days....id do 200ppm instead.

12. ooo blue cheese, I just finished up a crop of that and have a new seedling going. Hope you enjoy it. mine leaned more to a cheese dom and didn't have too much blueberry, but it was still amaaazing :) I bumped down my ppm and am spraying the clones with it, i'm going to stop spraying some of my other ones because they are getting too much vegetation that will die. i'm about to throw some of my first VHO product into flower so it'll be interesting to see how different crop I get.

13. good luck and keep me posted..

14. Ran into KIND of an issue with the VHO. It was working great, I mean great, but on some of my smaller, bushier plants, it was producing way too much vegetation. I'm going to try to post a picture soon, but basically it's just all sorts of leaves and shoots on the stem which is great, except I feel like they are going to not get enough light to do much. It gives a really weird cluttered look. I decided to down the dosage and spray every other day to give the plants time to grow into it.

15. Yup, you've always got to go easy on foliar. Whatever I'm feeding at the roots I start at quarter strength for foliar. I might go a little higher than that, but not much usually.

Too much success, eh? Did you think you'd ever complain about that?

16. Haha no way. It really does work wonders, just have to work around the little things :p

17. Yeah, compensating for too much growth is one of those problems you don't mind having to fix.

18. I have some VHO and realized you have to measure it out by PPM's. the problem is i do not have TDS meter so does any that uses VHO have a measurement they use for a liter spray bottle or something? I dont whant to over mix and burn my mothers. :confused:
    Any help would be great, Thanks!:wave:

19. To be honest, I heard awhile back from a fellow grower to use simply a drop in a liter bottle for little guys and 2 drops for bigger guys. I have been doing that since and it has worked perfectly. It seems like nothing, but the stuff is so strong it still works and I never have to worry about burning them so I can douse them. It also is useful to spray on smaller plants (clones, newer seedlings, etc) at a certain time because it helps nitrogen uptake and the 1 drop is just right.

20. Thanks a lot ill try 2 drops tonight :cool: